Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cheapest place for cassette and chain?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Who’s doing good deals?

cubemeup
    Free Member

merlin cycles if you dont mind OEM

pixelmix
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin. I occasionally use them for cheap bits for builds. As with On-One, they buy in lots of OEM part and sometimes sell them cheaply.

XT is cheaper at Merlin, and you get a further 10% off one you add to your basket too.

TBC are doing 15% off today if you follow their facebook or twitter posts.

hughjardon
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin

If you use woollyhatshop you better hope there’s no need to return anything, Im still waiting for them to send a replacement 10 speed shifter which was faulty from new!

Sent it back on Nov 17th?

topangarider
    Free Member

So, to open a can of worms, relative worth of XT over SLX over Deore for cassettes and chains? And SRAM equivalent?

Currently using a Sram PC951 chain on a SRAM PG970 (on XT cranks)

Is it worth paying more for SLX kit or PG980?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

XT cassette is, what, 150grms lighter, and has an ally carrier which doesnt wreck Hope ally freehub bodies. If either of those is worth the extra cash then get the XT, otherwise treat as a disposable item and buy on the basis of value.

Ive got XT on my Hope-hubbed dandy horse, Deore on my winter HT.

R.lepecha

If you use woollyhatshop you better hope there’s no need to return anything, Im still waiting for them to send a replacement 10 speed shifter which was faulty from new!

I’ve never had a problem with WHS, They sent me out the wrong size 7sp cassette spacer once and they managed to get me one sent out and recieved next day even though it was about 4pm when I rang them.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

If you want bombproof, heavy and cheap then Sunrace is the way to go.

http://www.triplebuttedcycling.co.uk/index.php?cPath=11

The RRP is about £30 for a 9speed one, so the same as Deore.

topangarider
    Free Member

Running a xt hub so not bothered about alloy carrier, just best balance of lightweight and price. Will prob go sram again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cheapest place for cassette and chain?’ is closed to new replies.