Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • cheapest place for car tyres?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Need a set of 4 🙁

I’ve tried blackcircles

any other suggestions?

Harry_the_Spider

Event Tyres.

trail_rat
    Free Member

your local garage.

many have got wise.

my last set of tires – 2 weeks ago.

the garage 2 minutes from my work beat all the online quotes for the same tire….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Camskill or eBay.

br
    Free Member

I use our local tyre fitting place.

All-in they’re as cheap as anywhere else I’ve looked at – for branded, big-wheeled low-profiles; ie +£150 per tyre.

globalti
    Free Member

Local tyre places will always match the big names.

Ainsworth Road Tyres in Radcliffe, Bury, if you’re in that area.

bigyinn
    Free Member

E-Tyres can be good

stumpy01

I always use Camskill, but that’s only because the garage I use for servicing are happy for me to have them delivered direct to them and I try and time tyre changes with servicing. I think they charge me a tenner a tyre for fitting.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Another vote for a local place. Pick up the phone or pop in and ask – you might be surprised.

allan23
    Free Member

Shoot me – Kwik Fit Mobile.

Got some Continentals last year, about £5 more than Black Circles were charging, didn’t have to find a garage or sit and wait while some spanner monkey wasted my time spinning the job out.

Van turns up at work and does the fitting in the car park. If the price works out I’ll do the same again next lot that need changing.

nemesis
    Free Member

etyres typically use local places.

Mind you my local garage (that etyres don’t use) seem very cheap with no need to haggle to get them cheap).

spence
    Free Member

http://www.asdatyres.co.uk were cheapest for me last time. Delivered at a prearranged fitting time at my local place. I did pop in before ordering and asked if they could price match, said no as they’d lose too much due to their fitting cost arrangement with Asda.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

mytyres dot co dot uk seemed good to me.

jools182
    Free Member

Thanks everyone

I also found a good price at promotyres

ended up going with camskill though

jambalaya
    Free Member

How much cheaper than blackcircle which would have been my suggestion btw ?

andyl
    Free Member

my local tyre places goes straight onto MyTyres when I go in and ask and just applies his own fitting charge, I’ve not checked but they might be on the MyTyres list of fitters, or they might not be. Used to get them from Camskill but sometimes they might not have a particular tyre I want.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My local tyre place was £30 a tyre cheaper than anywhere else, including online.

cp

it varies all the time – the 4 tyres my dad recently got from blackcircles changed by 150 quid in total over the month he was looking at them.

Local garage to me also quoted to undercut the online places, so I’m afraid it’s just a case of researching online and phoning round if you’re after the cheapest deal.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

As most have already said. E.tyres were the cheapest at one point but seem to have gone off the boil now. I found Blackcircles or Kwikfit were the cheapest so just found the name of the nearest Blackcircles fitting centre and asked if they would match the price, which they did. I think most local fitters have had to wise up.

jools182
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    How much cheaper than blackcircle which would have been my suggestion btw ?

£210 v £175, not a great amount, but then again, I can’t really afford £175

johndoh
    Free Member

Blackcircles have been bought out haven’t they? I bet the days of them being cheap are far behind us.

Just like Screwfix

🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jools thanks, that’s 20% so pretty significant IMO

lesgrandepotato

Main dealer for me, contis in 265/30 18 about 165 a corner. I was rather surprised, they are the M designation ones as well which seem to be a harder compound than the non ‘m’ designations..

totalshell

newbold tyres rochdale.. no where cheaper on the planet beat all interweb prices.. next day for specifics same day for same size..

themilo
    Free Member

Def Asda for me. 2 sets for the 2 cars in the past 6 months and they’ve been the best for both price and service. Not a fan of the shops but they’re doing a good job on the tyres imo.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Ive just used these guys and they have a 2 hr time slot !!!

http://www.tyresonthedrive.com/?gclid=COuwk8b8mcYCFQXJtAodNG8A7w

cheaper than event they even price match

lodious
    Free Member

Tyreleader, then get them fitted by a local garage.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Tyreleader for me too. Ordered and delivered in 2 days from Germany and far cheaper for tyres than locally. Had them fitted for free when I had the wheels refurbed.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Oponeo for the 4×4’s tyres, £10 for the local guy to fit them.
    All good

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘cheapest place for car tyres?’ is closed to new replies.