Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheapest online car tyre supplier?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

bought a decent set a few years back from Mytyres which were pretty cheap.Anyone know of others who slash the prices ?
    thanks
    Bill

bruneep

I have used Black circles before no problems at all

steveh

black cirlces or etyres for me but if ATS/Kwikfit have one of the (seemingly very common) 15% off 2 or 25% of 4 deals for branded tyres it can work out better. If you just want cheap ones, I’ve had some good deals on part worn tyres from ebay.

wwaswas

kwik fit do a price match thing now so might be worth lookign at that for convenience?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Used mytyres and black circles, both about the same really…
    Depends on what tyres you were looking at getting… (can of worms opening?)

Del

Bill, mid-devon tyres in the industrial estate opposite the sowton park and ride. good lads and good deals IME.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Try Best Buy tyresor event tyres both seam good on price – I’ve just had some Toyos fitted this afternoon from Black Circles – Had to shop about to get the best price

Brycey
    Free Member

Anyone ever got a Black Circles quote, got the fitter details, then phoned them independently to negotiate with any success? Currently in a brutal position of needing two tyres for my car and two for bird’s. A grand total of £600 on Black Circles.

Also what’s the consensus with mixing brands front and back? Got Michelin Pilots on my Golf, but Good Year F1s get a good write up and are on offer.

Cheers

bruneep

Anyone ever got a Black Circles quote, got the fitter details, then phoned them independently to negotiate with any success?

Yes, they beat BC price by £2 and another time they refused to budge on their quoted price :?, so ordered through BC.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Camskill are very cheap, very fast and excellent service. They don’t have a huge range but what they do have they get to you very quickly.

My first port of call anyway.

matthew_h
    Free Member
    breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I’ve just tried to get hold of 3 Michelin pilot exalto tyres & non can be had – but everybody has said don’t get Michelins as they will cost a fortune – apparently Michelin don’t discount to the places they supply

Had to get 4 tyres as I’m not happy mix ‘n’ matching but 4 Toyo T1 was £20 cheaper then the best price I could get on the pilots

dooosuk
    Free Member

Mixing brands front and back will reduce grip but it depends what you’re using your car for really. Just pootling about and it’ll be fine, if you’re doing any trackdays etc you’ll probably notice the loss of grip.

Most cars on the road probably have at least two types of tyre.

Brycey
    Free Member

I don’t do track days, but then I don’t pootle about either. Pilots are not too bad on BC so might pay the extra few quid to keep things balanced.

Thanks

z1ppy

As per Bruneep & Brycey – checkout the blackcircle and mytyres websites, find the cheapest quote for what you want, then find the most convenient fitter from their websites(!) and ring them direct

loddrik
    Free Member

I reckon mytyres are the cheapest

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Just go to your local back street Asian place. I used to get part worn michelins, fitted and balanced for £25. 205/55/16, usually got about 15-20k out of them too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest online car tyre supplier?’ is closed to new replies.