Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheapest (legit!) source for Lightroom 3? And maybe CS5?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Wanting to install Lightroom 3 on my PC (have around 12000+ images to sort out!), kind of baulking at the full RRP of £237 odd… have seen it online for around £145 (BuyITUltraCheap.com), would this be legit d you think?

s
    Free Member

its on a free 1 month demo at the mo psychle, the other option is to get a student pack, if you have a student in the house

CaptJon
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

unfortunately not (unless anyone on here wants to be my student? 🙂 )

s
    Free Member

Lightroom is brill for doing bulk, btw 😉

lodious
    Free Member

unfortunately not

TBH, it’s cheaper to register for a course than pay full price. No, I don’t think £145 is legit, unless it a student copy.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

know any students?

🙁

lodious
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought you were after lightroom and CS3 (I thought I read 1,200 quid… I am a dumbass)

I got it for £180 from Amazon.

s
    Free Member

Weird thing, from the link above, it mentions something about the student discount being available to kids in primary schools too?

Primary and secondary school students – students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction

http://www.software4students.co.uk/FAQ.aspx#q51

Wonder if my 7 year old can get a student copy?

vinnyeh

Weird thing, from the link above, it mentions something about the student discount being available to kids in primary schools too?

It’s like drugs, get your user base sorted as young as possible.

There’s a theory that Adobe don’t actually care that there’s loads of hooky serial numbers for their products in private use- as long as all the commercial users pay for their licences they’re happy. And if folk have been using CS since they were kids paid for or not, then they’ll be expecting it to be on their machines in the workplace.

lodious
    Free Member

I think if you read the small print, Adobe products don’t qualify for primary school kids (Microsoft do) and if you buy the Adobe Edu. version and you don’t qualify, you loose your money.

user-removed
    Free Member

Also, it certainly used to be the case that if you only have a student license, you can’t upgrade at the discounted upgrade price when the next package comes out – that is, you have to pay for it at full price….

leffeboy

Yes you can get it if you have a child at primay school – or at least that’s how their details read to me

s
    Free Member

Just had a nose on Adobe website & it seems to be open to Primary students, would be good to hear from anyone who has bought student software to confirm.

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education/students/studentteacheredition/faq.html

Who may purchase and use Adobe Student and Teacher Editions?

The following individuals are eligible to purchase Adobe Student and Teacher Editions:

* University and college students — students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
    * Primary and secondary school students — students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction
    * Faculty and staff — teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school or public or private university or college

Which software products are available as Student and Teacher Editions?

Student and Teacher Editions offering differ by country within Asia Pacific region. Please refer to this page for availability. Products available include Adobe® Creative Suite® 5 Master Collection, Creative Suite 5 Design Premium, Creative Suite 5 Web Premium, Creative Suite 5 Production Premium, Creative Suite 5 Design Standard, Dreamweaver® CS5, Flash® Professional CS5, Photoshop® CS5 Extended, Acrobat® 9 Pro, and Photoshop Lightroom 3.

(edit)just called them – you have to be 15 or over here in the uk, do you know many 15 year olds in Primary? 😉

lodious
    Free Member

That’s interesting, I looked at it before Christmas and I was sure I could not get it using my kids primary school status, but checking back it looks like they had changed it. It’s a bit of a nightmare really!

Drac

No nightmare at all just put in the details of the child’s school that’s it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest (legit!) source for Lightroom 3? And maybe CS5?’ is closed to new replies.