Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Cheapest full sus bike for Swinley Forest red track?
  • hainman
    Free Member

have never ridden the area but what about a Rockrider 9,1??
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-91-2013-mountain-bike-black-id_8213074.html

Legoman
    Free Member

My Anthem X2 is pretty well suited for Swinley I reckon.
    Perhaps I’d better pop over there in the morning for a couple of hours just to be sure……

weeksy

Legoman – Member
    My Anthem X2 is pretty well suited for Swinley I reckon

Only if it were the 29er 😉

shortcut

Pretty sure you need one of those SC Tallboy2 or Solo’s for Swinley!

zbonty

Tyre pressure is the obvious starting point as others have said.

Plenty of spendy advice here-buy this, buy that, x travel, y wheels etc.
    Chucking a load of wedge at stuff is not the only route/ best advice in my opinion and there is a bewildering amount of choice, particularly if your new.

We don’t know what the op is riding beyond a HT do we? No info on size, age, spec, condition etc.(rider or bike!)
    Many, many factors will effect your comfort and enjoyment of the sport. It’s also easy to forget mtbing is quite tough on the body. It takes a while to get used to, to get the basic techniques down and during that time it’s going to beat you up a bit (does it ever stop?). Trails are dry and hard right now and that causes more vibration and drains your energy.

That’s not to say a short travel FS isn’t a terrible idea but it’s far from essential to learn.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest full sus bike for Swinley Forest red track?’ is closed to new replies.