Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheapest car insurance for mature first time driver?
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Who lives in London, Car: Nissan Micra 1L

lemonysam
    Free Member

When we looked for me a few weeks ago (also a late passer at 29) it was RAC unless you want a black box. I live in northumberland though so there may be some differences there.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Location makes a lot of difference I think. My quote from RAC was £2281! Needless to say that I won’t be going with them.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Location makes a lot of difference I think. My quote from RAC was £2281! Needless to say that I won’t be going with them.

Shit a brick! mine was less than a third of that for a 1.9L Estate…

nickjb
    Free Member

Might be cheaper to sell the Nissan and buy something with cheaper insurance. Its not as simple as ‘slow and small’ = ‘cheap insurance’.

mudmonster
    Free Member

But what? May have to sell it and forget about driving altogether. I will move one day but too many commitments here now.

retro83
    Free Member

mudmonster – Member

But what? May have to sell it and forget about driving altogether. I will move one day but too many commitments here now.

Something big and slow that teenage boys don’t own as their first car and smash up with their 3 mates in the back who all claim for whiplash.

Cougar

mudmonster
    Free Member

Last thing I want is a big car. Just called coop and they quoted £4035 😕

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I learned (learnt?) to drive at 32 and my ancient Astra was £570 ish to insure with Tesco.

8 months later I got my 3 series coupe insured with Admiral for about £920 which I considered a bargain given how little experience I had. They both might be worth a look.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s all variable based on loads of variables. Stick your details into one of the comparison sites to get a better idea of the starting prices.
    Look at an experienced second driver, limited mileage etc. if you can afford to replace the car then 3rd party too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest car insurance for mature first time driver?’ is closed to new replies.