Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheapest broadband/phone package????
  • peakprowler
    Free Member

Looking at going the Talktalk route unless anyone has a better suggestion????

peakprowler
    Free Member

Any offers of advise on this woukld be most welcome

Spongebob
    Free Member

Just doing the same as we speak. It's a nightmare!

I use Moneysupermarket.com and many other broadband finders.

The options seem endless.

It's the same when buying insurance, utilities, or loans etc.

Why is life so unduly complicated?

I hate web scraping!

nickb

I have TT – been with them for about 2 years now. Occasional problems early on – network too congested resulting in very low speeds. Once they upgraded the kit in the exchange it was all fine and now seems to run pretty well.

Good value too at circa £23 for phone line, 8MB BB and free anytime calls to more countries than I'll ever need!

Nick

uplink
    Free Member

Virgin Media are good if you have cable in your area

FuzzyWuzzy

Sky looks pretty good at the moment if you have Sky TV

daveh
    Free Member

If you're thinking of going talktalk then put your number into their broadband checker. This will trigger a sales person to ring you and you can then state your demands. Via their website the router and connection fee was going to be free, but the only way to add caller ID was via a £4 boost package. By doing it via the sales person I got caller ID included for free.

Legoman
    Free Member

I was about to go with Talk Talk recently, until I discovered their router doesn't support VPN, not exactly sure what this is but I know it's needed for me to be able to work from home!

Don't know if that's important for you, but worth checking if you ever work at home.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Been using TalkTalk for nearly a year and in general found them to be pretty good. Managed to halve my phone and internet bills.
    Have been a few outages, about 3 in the last year, mostly resolved within 24hrs.
    They supplied me with a D Link DSL2604R router which wouldn't work with my VPN either, so i just swapped it out for my previous netgear router. Router setup same a std DSL.
    Service is generally pretty good and reliable.
    (BTW I do phone and internet support for a telephony company, so i know what im on about)

Olly
    Free Member

im moving into a new place in 2 weeks, rented, but has just be bought by the landlord.
    so gonna have to go through all of this for not only BB, but leccy, gas, water (i pressume!?)

eugh!

do i have to have a tv licensce to watch iplayer? (As all i ever watch is top gear)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest broadband/phone package????’ is closed to new replies.