Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheaper alternative to V8 pedal
  • sideshow
    Free Member

I like the narrow width of my V8s (because I use pedal extenders for my funny feet and need a narrow pedal to compensate).

But over the years, after dabbling in replacing pins and even bearings in V12s I have come to see pedals as disposable (even the V12s inner bearing race wears out). That doesn’t mean I don’t want them to last. I do. But when something goes wrong I’m likely to get a new pair rather than fiddle with them.

With that mindset, and needing some new pedals, am I better off getting V8s again or is there something cheaper and more disposable, but just as narrow and grippy, without being too fragile?

DezB
    Free Member

Wellgo V8 copies?
    or…
    I recently bought some sealed bearing pedals from Ebay for £18 for my kids bike, they are decent enough.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gwurk
    Free Member

qwerty
    Free Member

I just brought some DMR V8s for £20 @ CRC, how cheap do you wanna go?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

V8 copies @ £12 cheap enough?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just pick some welgo ones and avoid the brand tax

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve some of the Wellgo copies, they are cheap but it’s not long before they are pretty rattley and the axle will break eventually

dmck16
    Free Member

How about a set of V8’s that have only seen one ride? In bare silver too, so no paint wear to worry about..

sideshow
    Free Member

Good ideas all

V6 has rather short lifespan according to another thread on here (6 months). Wellgo – worth a try; the V8s got rattly too. Also considering the superstar plastic ones but they’ve sadly got a few fewer pins than the normal ones.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’ve never had V8 pedal go rattly. Tip – when you first get them pump them full of grease with a grease gun (not the tiny thing you get with the pedals) and they seem to last forever.

Stevet1
    Free Member

orangeboy – Member

Just pick some welgo ones and avoid
    …giving money to brands that actually design stuff? Even if they are all made by farEastPedalCorp don’t DMR deserve some return for their investment?

allfankledup

Needed some flats for my daughters new mtb – she’s got spd which she’ll use for racing, but wanted some flats for skills sessions. Trying some Odyssey Twists – plastic fantastic…. well, maybe. £15.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheaper alternative to V8 pedal’ is closed to new replies.