Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheaper alternative to Roberts DAB Radio??
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Looking to finish off the Christmas present list for my mother and she’s keen on a new radio. Like the style of the Classic Roberts ones but there a wee bit above budget. Anyone got a good alternative for around the £70 to £80 mark or less?? Cheers!

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Got one of these from John Lewis recently – not got the same depth of sound as the bigger Roberts that we have, but a bargain for 30quid.
    Simple to use, and completely one colour so you can colour match it to the room…if you wanted to. Also small and takes batteries so i can nip off with it to the bike shed.

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-spectrum-dab-fm-digital-radio/p619923?colour=Black

Stoner
    Free Member

Just got one of these for Mrs S to use in the shed when on the turbo trainer.

I think it’s a brilliant little box. Really nice interface and buttons. Makes a change from the generic Pure DAB module that you find in most radios.

Its not a big unit, about 6″ wide 4.5″ high and 2″ deep.

Tunes itself right out of the box. really easy to use – ideal for M-i-Ls 😉 And a bargin for £25. Id replace my big old sony DAB in the kitchen with it in a flash if I needed to.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14179/Aves-Sky-DAB-FM-Digital-Radio/

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Sorry – just re-read your post…thought you didn’t want to spend 70-80…in which case my suggestions a red herring, but JL do a bigger one for 50 notes.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I bought this one

Pure DAB Radio

Its very very good despite its size, the sound quality and the amount of volume it can produce are superb.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We got a slightly tatty Roberts DAB radio from Currys (ex display, no power supply thingy with it, no box etc) for £35 a few years ago! £8 on a power thingy and it’s fine, apart from the slightly tatty leather bits but it just sits in the kitchen sounding lovely and warm.

Bargaintastic

We’ve also got one of those DAB radios from John Lewis. It’s fine for the money but no where near the quality of the Roberts, sound wise.

Albanach
    Free Member

Stoner – what’s the sound like? Has it got some oomph in it for its size?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheaper alternative to Roberts DAB Radio??’ is closed to new replies.