Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap wrist mounted hrm thingy.
  • toys19
    Free Member

So I had a sigma that came with a chest strap and I loved it, lost the watch so looking to replace, it appears the sigma ones have disappeared? Any recommendations for a HRM watch for cheap (like £30-£40), must work with or come with a chest strap.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got a decent polar SH on fleabay for £30, replaceable-battery strap too (they’re £30 new!).

Aldi?

molgrips
    Free Member

Polar basic ones are pretty cheap, and the tech is trickled down from their fancy stuff.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Polar-HEART-RATE-MONITORS-Polar-FT1-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Fitness/POLAHRMA585

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had a mega cheapy jobbie a while back from Tesco 😯 that worked just fine…wireless chest strap thingy and all. Just had a look on their website, looks like it even comes with a bike attachment now. All for the wallet busting price of £20.00. It was nothing fancy but I imagine it will have all the basic functions of the basic Polar, Sigma etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a basic polar F5 (great, but menu system is fiddly and too easy to reset it or not start the timer etc)

My mums got the tesco one (picks up interferance more than the polar one)

My Garmin edge 305 is ace, but well over budget.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My mums got the tesco one (picks up interferance more than the polar one)

Have to say, I never experienced that with mine (while not doubting your version) but it was only £20.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

There’s was a PSA over in the bike forum a few days ago that Aldi or Lidal were going to have some in for £12.99, might be worth a look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap wrist mounted hrm thingy.’ is closed to new replies.