Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap wireless computer: suggestions?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Not looking for any in-depth analysis, but if you have any experience with a good, cheap wireless computer and could pass on the model/make as a starting point I would be grateful! I used to have a Lidl one, but it was a POS…

cinnamon_girl

I gave up with wireless and went back to the wired ones.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have an Aldi wireless one. It has 12 functions inc heart rate monitor and altitude sensor. Cost me £20 and actually out performs my friends £100 Cateye. If you want to spend a bit more, have a look at the Blackburn range. I have a Delphi 5 and it is super accurate.

stevemorg2

I’ve got an unused Aldi one with a HRM – I bought two “just in case” but the one on the bike is still going stong!

PM me if you want to make an offer

Peyote
    Free Member

Ive been using ones from Argos for the past few years, £14.99 wireless jobbies. Seem to be quite sturdy and have survived some god-awful weather and conditions (muddy Mountain Mayhem for example!).

mavisto
    Free Member

If you have a Decathlon near you, there is the Decathlon DC-7R.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I have a blackburn one. It eats batteries, and only ever seems to work for about 100 miles before starting to break (crashing and losing all the data, or just hanging stuck on one value). It also doesn’t like to work in the wet.

They are very fancy, and work very well when they do work, but I reckon they aren’t really built for UK weather or for people who ride very far ever.

Joe

juiced
    Free Member

i have a lidl wireless one for about £3 or £4 and it is superb. Even has a backlight. loads of functions and has never missed a beat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap wireless computer: suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.