Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheap white brake set for OH bike build
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Any deals out there , I’ve seen the clarks skeletal at CRC for 70ish or 90 for the ltd edition set , anyone come across any clearance deals you can link for other brands?

Cheers Matt

thehustler
    Free Member

clarks hydraulics at halfords

no idea how good but £55 with some gt85 seems a bargain

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Cheers hustler but that’s for one brake only so still over 100 quid

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Not white, but by far the best break you will buy for the money:
    http://store.formula-brake.com/items/offerta-3

Pay a bit more and get a even nicer set of brakes in white:
    http://store.formula-brake.com/items/brake-set-rx-my2010-whiteblue

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a lightly used set of tektro brakes. Came off the wife’s commuter when I bought her some hopes. They were surprisingly good actually. 160 both ends. Post mount front, IS rear. Auriga comp I think they are. Still have meat on the original pads. Came of a 19″ specialized so should have plenty of hose. Email in profile if interested.

BenjiM

Avid Elixir 5 if you can find a second hand pair.

johnnystorm

JE James have giant hydros for not much. In black & white.

passtherizla
    Free Member

someone was seling som white Formula RX 125 for the pair.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Thanks Guys for the input, think im gonna go with the Giants as its for a Giant bike and JE James is only half hour for me
    Cheers Matt

coatesy
    Free Member

In a few days(12th Aug), Shimano will be releasing their Alivio set up as aftermarket. At a cost of £70 for the pair without rotors or adaptors, i’d hang on for those if I were you.

timidwheeler

I have a pair of white, lightly used M505 leavers attached to M445 calipers I am happy to part with for a reasonable offer. nestingrobin1atgmail.com if you interested.

sambob
    Free Member

Clarks Skeletal are fairly awful, the set I had were unreliable and the bolts are made of dairylea.

PJay
    Free Member

These look quite nice for the money – £79.99 at the Wooly Hat Shop (although I’ve no idea what they’re like).

I got a nice set of white Shimano BRM445s for my partner’s bike and they seem really good for the money too.

continuity
    Free Member

Secondhand elixirs are so **** cheap right now. I got a pair of basically unused black R SL carbons for £50. Yes, both brakes.

mattbee

Those Avid Elixrs are pretty good for the money. Wife had them on her last bike, paid £80 for the pair new with rotors from ebay. Seems that since they lack all of the bells and whistles of the pricier models they are easier to set up and more reliable.
    Mind you, her new bike has white Formula RX on it and they are even better!

stumpy01

Merlin have got white Elixir 3s with 160/160 rotors for £110, 2012 Elixir 5s with the same rotors for £140.

Plus you get more off them once you actually go through to checkout – 10% I think.

continuity
    Free Member

Merlin have got white Elixir 3s with 160/160 rotors for £110, 2012 Elixir 5s with the same rotors for £140.

Plus you get more off them once you actually go through to checkout – 10% I think.

If you’re spending over £100, why don’t you just buy new SLX or XT from rosebikes.de?

stumpy01

continuity – Member

If you’re spending over £100, why don’t you just buy new SLX or XT from rosebikes.de?

‘cos the OP wanted white brakes for his OH’s bike. I don’t think you can get SLX or XT in white.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheap white brake set for OH bike build’ is closed to new replies.