• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by igm.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap wheels – On One Reet'ard?
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

After a cheap wheelset to go on my inbred frame (rigid forks) and these are down to £79 a set. Can’t seem to find anything close to matching them price wise. How have people found them? These will only really be used for commuting and light off road. Doubt they’ll ever see a trail centre or singletrack.

Any alternative suggestions would be very welcome but bear in mind my budget is very tight and they need to fir my inred frame and rigid on one forks.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Reputation for being shit.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

The fsa 100 wheelset form on one are good only £59.99 using them on my frankencross and holding up perfectly didn’t get my spoke tool and qrs though and after phoning only got my qrs lol

leythervegas
    Free Member

can’t see them on the website mate, must have sold out

theotherjonv

I walked away from a nasty crash as a result of a Reetard 29er rim just folding in half on a singletrack corner. Only one that’s ever done it in a lifetime of crashing.

scandal42
    Free Member

Have a set on my rigid 29er, I ride it on singletrack and rooty/rocky terrain and I do not tend to watch my line too closely.

Mine are holding up fine, still perfectly true and despite being a bit on the heavy side (although I’m not) I enjoy the riding.

Will be nice if they don’t fold in half.

adsh
    Free Member

Plus the most offensive unfunny name.

duckman

I recently got a pair on a dirty disco I bought,I am rather glad I sold them. I am surprised that something THAT heavy would fold so easily.

leythervegas
    Free Member

means ‘right hard’ in yorkshireish doesnt it?

Tracey

Called in earlier this week to look at these as Abigale had trashed a rear wheel in Greno woods earlier. They are very heavy and didn’t look up to much. Ended up ordering some DT Swiss ones from a Polish Ebay site.

igm

I’ve been running a set for commuting for a couple of years and had no problems.

2″ slicks may help of course, but they are still true and doing 80 miles a week with a laptop and a change of clothes on the pannier rack – plus a 16st rider.

Other opinions are available.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap wheels – On One Reet'ard?’ is closed to new replies.