Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap waterproof socks?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I’ve finally got to admit that my 20 year old berghaus goretex socks are no longer even vaguely waterproof, so before I spend hours looking for a cheap cyber Monday deal on seal skinz or similar branded items does anyone have a budget alternative?

Failing that, links to good deals.

Thanks

binners

Aldi waterproof socks are as good as Sealskinz and half the price. When they get them in stock, stock up!

mcnultycop

As above, I find the Aldi ones better than Sealskinz!

antigee

neoprene wetsuit socks for me never got sealskinz to last more than a couple of months

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Take your pick:

Aliexpress waterproof sox

TBH, I find most of the stuff Aldi does in one off ‘specials’, can be picked up from Far East marketplaces like this, all year round. Sometimes cheaper!

As above – I agree, neoprene wetsuit sox for the win. I’ve given the Aldi sox a go for the last month or so and after successive rides with freezing cold wet feet – I think I may go back to the neoprene sox again. Far simpler solution, far warmer.

lovewookie

sealskinz on amazon

Dexshell on amazon

merino wool sealskinz on amazon.

I bought some military sealskinz last year for about £15, seem to come in a lot cheaper than retail versions and as far as I can tell are the same, but black and green.

markoc1984

Millets have them at 30% off in their Black Friday sale, I picked up a pair for £21 this weekend:

[/url]

jam-bo

are the new ‘hydrostop’ sealskinz any better?

markoc1984

Wrong page as last one only had small.

Here is the proper link for £22:

Sealskinz on Millets £22

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

what do you guys mean by neoprene socks, i’m only aware of wetsuit boots like that which would be way too thick?

CraigW
    Free Member

I have these Rooster neoprene socks. https://www.roostersailing.com/pd/Neoprene-Wet-Socks_105342.htm
    They are 3mm neoprene, so not as thick as some. I use them for hill running in really cold weather, ie snow. They keep my feet nice and warm, and are properly waterproof (unlike Sealskinz). They can get a bit sweaty in warmer weather.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member
    mikertroid
    Free Member

Aldi.

Look no further!

MrSparkle

Cheers no eyed deer, just ordered a pair of those.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

just a note to anyone buying “2 bare feet” neoprene socks, they’re not very tight around the top, in fact mine are very loose with quite a gap for water to run down into the sock.
    If you don’t have big ankles/calves then maybe look at some of the alternatives if you can’t try them on first.

duncancallum

Plus 1 for the roosters.

Keep my feet warm even when wet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap waterproof socks?’ is closed to new replies.