Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap waterproof jackets?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Any good deals going around at the moment? Looking to spend around £20 so not expecting too much, but taped seal, hood, and not too boil-in-the-bag would be nice.

Size medium.

Ta, Duane.

bikeind
    Free Member

i would advise against cheap in this pastime

Duane…
    Free Member

True, but cheap is better than none (normally).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

one of the army DPM jackets from ebay – seem to be about that price. Search for DPM jacket.

vondally
    Free Member

Cheap waterproof not boil in bag. Sorry but you would bebetter off with a windproof jacket….you will get wet but it will be a better more comfortable and breathable option

sparkyrhino

got a dare 2 b struckout jacket £49 at halfords,got the same jacket at a regatta outlet store for £21,windproof,waterproof and breathable.bargin,looks good too

sterho1
    Free Member

£17.50 here

LittleTones
    Free Member

If you’ve got a decathlon nearby – one of these

Decathlon Arpenaz 300

£21 – I would agree with the windproof sentiment, much better for cycling. However this is a pretty good outdoor coat for not much money.

Spin
    Free Member

£17.50 here

Yes but it’s Rutland Cycles so they wont actually have any.

ton

i got one of those from rutland, it is more like a showerproof really, but is nice and comfy.

got a 14.99 tribord sailing waterproof from decathlon. served me well for the 3 day deluge last week.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Aldi have the cheap waterproofs in. The soft shells are probably better though – beathable, windproof and warm, and only get sopping in torrential downpours

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

i would advise against cheap in this pastime

I would advise that expensive is not always better, particularly in this pastime.

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap waterproof jackets?’ is closed to new replies.