Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap Ullswater accommodation
  • mbr30
    Free Member

Planning an overnight stay in the Glenridding/Ullswater area so I can do a couple of rides. Can anyone recommend any accommodation? Will be going on my own and thinking B&B, pub, youth hostel. Would need somewhere bike friendly obviously. Cheers.

jekkyl

Well there’s 2 youth hostels nearby, the helvellyn is right at the bottom of the track up the mountain. There’s also sykeside camping which has some rooms hostel style, bit smelly though but not too bad.
    http://sykeside.co.uk/
    Helvellyn YHA
    patterdale YHA

mbr30
    Free Member

Cheers, just been looking at the Patterdale YHA. Anyone know what the bike storage is like?

jekkyl

Give em a ring n ask.
    I’ve stayed in YHA many times and the cycle storage is usually very little more than a wooden shed with a padlock. If you have a vehicle this would probably be more secure or take a big FO chain and lock.

postierich
    Free Member

Its a brick out house at the Helvellyn YHA !

tomaso
    Free Member

Side Farm campsite is nice, but Helvellyn YHA is a cracking spot. Travellers Rest is a good boozer, better than the prim tourist fare in Glenridding

evh22
    Free Member

If it’s a longer stay I can recommend the Patterdale Hotel. Proper old granny territory but they let you keep bikes in the secure laundry, there’s a pub onsite and they bring you a big 3 course meal and breakfast. All for a total of about £130 per person for Sunday to Friday. The dinner comes real quick which is good when you are starving and you don’t have to put your shoes on to go down to dinner. Old the old people will look at you and think you are amazingly adventurous.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Stayed at both Helvellyn and Patterdale , , the YHA at Helvellyn was nicer and bikes locked in a stone outhouse , fantastic beds ,cheap and food was good ,but not as good as the steak and ale pie at the White Lion just in the village

mbr30
    Free Member

Nice one cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Ullswater accommodation’ is closed to new replies.