• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by duir.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap tyre deals – what's good at the mo?
  • RustySpanner

Will be trying an On-One Smorgasbord, rude not too at that price.

Might try a Conti Mountain King 2 or Rubber Queen, going very cheap as well.
    Tempted to try the 2.4 as I believe they come up a bit small.
    How did you find them?

Some cheap Rocket Rons at On-One too – never tried Schwalbe, but they certainly seem popular.

Any other tyre bargains (26inch, folding, not ultra narrow/low volume) caught your eye?

Thanks in advance.

qwerty
    Free Member

I thought the Conti RC came up big? I just ordered some RC in the Black Chilli compound for £30 each inc P&P – but coming from Germany!

CRC is good for £10-15 tyres, usually Michelin.

widge34
    Free Member

Pearce cycles have Specialized Storm controls for £24.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Freeborn for two spesh purgatory’s, usually around £50 a pair. Awesome tyres.

composite
    Free Member

I’m really digging the On-One Smorgasbord, now I’m used to how it rides and at that price I think it will be my standard go to tyre in future.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d go for the On One Chunky Monkey over the Rubber Queen, especially if you’re looking at the cheaper compound.

darkslider
    Free Member

Definitely try pairing up a Chunky Monkey with the Smorgasbord, I’m really impressed with mine and like you say, rude not to at the price!

binners

Ze Germans have been supplying my tyres of late 😀

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

ITS system 5 at CRC, £14.

nbt

I’ve got a pair of 2.1 Kenda Nevegal folders knocking around the garage that you can have for £20, Rusty 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

(PS. you don’t really need to stockpile 26″ tyres)

chrishc777
    Free Member

just got back from a wales trip running conti baron rear and chunky monkey front, up and down snowdon no worries at all, excellent grip on wet rock and roots, only washed out once, but i was asking for it… in the dry i run a racing ralph on the rear, roll well and are syrprisingly grippy

RustySpanner

Thanks folks.
    Not stockpiling, just skint!

Mrs S has a knackered Cinder/Purg combo & I’m currently rocking a worn out Crossmark that I ran on the rear all last winter.

Looking forward to trying some of the above.
    I’m sad like that.

😀

widge34
    Free Member

Ordered my Storm from Pearce cycles yesterday arrived today. Great service. At £24 cant go wrong. Seem to be £30 everywhere else.

tthew

Based on recent experiance, avoid cheap Continentals like the plague. Horrendous puncture problems, then to add insult to injury burst the rear on a kerb after going tubeless.

I got some of the Geax Sagurago’s recommended the other month in Halfords. Cheapest version working great as tubeless with sealant.

duir
    Free Member

Seen some Minions 2.35 ST for £22.95 in a few places.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap tyre deals – what's good at the mo?’ is closed to new replies.