Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap Tubeless Valve?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Is there a cheap quality tubeless valve? I’ve been using Stans but there must be a poverty spec alternative as there isn’t much to them.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve used cut down road inner tubes (when they’ve got too many patches or tricky to fix pinch flats), both conti and schwable have removable valve cores which in useful for filling with jizz and fast inflate with a compressor.

wiggles
    Free Member

Specialized ones are about£3

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    godzilla
    Free Member

Awesome, are the Spesh ones as good as Stans?

alpineharry
    Free Member

I’ve used specialized ones in the past and not had a problem with them. Managed to tubeless some specialized butchers with just a floor pump.

mildbore

Spesh ones softer material. Used them on mtbs for years with no issues. Check your old inner tube mountain first to make sure you don’t already have some removable – core valves you could use

steve_b77
    Free Member

Superstar are ok, as are most of the others you can get off t’interweb.

The Stans one’s aren’t exactly mega bucks though are they.

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve seen 10 packs of valve cores on ebay really cheap…

Most of the cost of anything “reputable” is about the same after post and Stans come in pairs.
    I recently messed about and ended up just getting Stans ..
    Superstar have been showing no stock since XMAS …

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the one’s you’ve got?

I’ve previously replaced them when they get gunked up but it’s the removeable ‘presta’ bit that is the problem. Take one out of any old inner tube (most are removeable) and stick it in your existing tubeless valve.

Northwind

godzilla – Member

Awesome, are the Spesh ones as good as Stans?

Yup, they’re decent. TBH stans aren’t all that good.

These ones (not specifically from this listing, just this type) are everywhere now, can be very cheap, and work better than any other valve I’ve used. You can get different lengths, alu versions etc, the bigger rubber bung means they work in just about anything (*) and seal better than any others I’ve used, unfussy about tape cutting etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Presta-cycle-valves-tubeless-bike-tyres-removable-core-and-tool-/132104641737?hash=item1ec20cdcc9:g:XuMAAOSwCU1YrdWa

(* except bloody B.O.R. with their funny shaped rim bed)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ghetto, cut out of an old inner tube. Use a bit of tube to make an o-ring type seal for the other side also.

If you’re lucky the old tube will have a removable core also.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Tubeless Valve?’ is closed to new replies.