Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap tablet / iPad alternative?
  • nbt

I recall seeing a thread about a cheapo tablet, probably android, significantly cheaper than an ipad – like around £100 or maybe less. Can’t find the thread. Anyone who can point me to that thread gets my gratitude and a virtual pint.

alternatively, if have any suggestions for such a device, that’d be appreciated too

IHN

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    higgo
    Free Member

I got a Window N90 from http://ipadalternative.com/
    It’s not quite as good as an Ipad but a lot cheaper – takes a bit longer to boot, a bit laggy when typing.
    Other disadvantages….
    ~ took ages to arrive (with hindsight I’d pay for a quicker service)
    ~ you’re on your own a bit setting it up – took me a few goes
    ~ there are a few Chinese apps (a browser, keyboard and video player) that I can’t seem to get rid of – not a huge problem as I’ve installed (and defaulted) my own choice for each of them

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the natpc knight – seems to be a blatant rip-off of the ipad in terms of looks etc but runs ics and is about £120…

MrNutt
    Free Member

I typed this on my 64gb playbook.

jamesca
    Free Member

I bought a Sanei N10 from China as I wasn’t sure if i’d even use a tablet. It came within 10days to NZ but the UK is about as far away so i’d expect the same or better. It cost 160$US plus about 30$ p&p.

The screen is very good, fast enough to play movies, games etc. However whenever i was on the internet the performance was rubbish, so much so i thought about binning it, then after reading a thread on slatedriod i updated to vandriod ersion 4.0.4. It has made a huge difference and unless the tablet breaks from being of cheap construction then I can honestly say it was easy worth $200….although why it doesn’t come with this firmware upgrade i’ll never know. I also wish it has GPS.

renton
    Free Member

ive got a window n90 too and im quite impressed with it.

yes its not as quick as an ipad but then it only cost me 140 quid delivered from china!!

cheers

steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap tablet / iPad alternative?’ is closed to new replies.