Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheap Stuff, Expensive Stuff, Hardtails and STIFF, the weekends findings.
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Finally got the bike out on Sunday, and had a few revelations..

Really liked this hardtail lark, so much so I am re evaluating the “if you only had one bike” question, my answer was usually my full suspension XC bike, the answer is not quite so clear cut now. Was nice to get my bike back up and running after a good fettle and lots of new bits and bobs to enjoy, sus forks, new bars, grips and saddle & brakes. (felt like a new bike)

Expensive stuff (even if done on the cheap) the old style XTR brakes were a revelation, so much control and stopping power,
    I think on par with my Hope M4’s but with better modulation, not sure if I need to service the M4’s though as surely they should
    be better? Does make me wonder what the new model XTR is like.

Cheap stuff, got a 2nd hand Hotrock for the lad and he got on quite nicely with that, but already he looks like its only just big enough but
    as his confidence is low right now I will let him tootle about on it for this year with he seat up, could do with a layback post I think,
    will try and source an Isla bike later on.

Cheap stuff 2, Lidl helmets are alright, found mine nice and comfy. (if not as stylish as some).

Cheap stuff 3, Charge Spoons, most comfy saddle I have ever used, more so than WTB and the SDG Bel Air.

Cheap stuff 4, Outland grips, was a bit unimpressed with these when I fitted them, but now on they are very secure
    and the Ruffian like grip was fantastic.

Cheap stuff 5, DHB 3/4 tights from Wiggle, a bargain.

STIFF. All of last weeks talk on stiff, didn’t seem to matter a bit how stiff my stem was as I had forgotten to re check how tight I had done my new bars up, luckily this showed itself up honking up a hill rather than the fast downhill jumps I had just done!!

A picture from the ice cream run on sat.

any2wheels
    Free Member

nice tin bred…………weight?

thepodge
    Free Member

what forks are those? not seen any upside down ones in ages

Oggles
    Free Member

Are those the brown Outland grips? How well do they match the spoon? I am thinking about a brown saddle/grips combo to go on my (red) rock lobster. The spoon is a given choice, glad to hear another positive review.

tinsy
    Free Member

It was about 22lb on the bathroom scales but theyre pants so not 100% sure.

They are Maverick SC32’s still make them, I like them, very light for a 120mm fork, and a short axle to crown height so didnt bugger the handling.

Yes Outland grips they dont match too well, my pal had them & the saddle on a gold Merlin but he sold that and sold me the grips and seat, they looked better on that. Nice grip though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Stuff, Expensive Stuff, Hardtails and STIFF, the weekends findings.’ is closed to new replies.