Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cheap Stans or alternative?
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Stans seems quite expensive for sealant. any other stuff people know of thats cheaper and good?

njee20
    Free Member

You can make your own. Latex, glitter and a bit of antifreeze, have a google.

stufive
    Free Member

Mavic 911 rims with proper ust tyres no goo

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

stu, what happens when you puncture?

Stans do a “rebadged” stan’s for W.T.B. i believe it can be significantly cheaper.

http://bicycle.co.nz/index.php/parts/mountain/tubeless/tubeless-sealant/wtb-tubeless-selant.html

Not sure if you can source it where you are.

stufive
    Free Member

The side walls are thicker etc but you can put goo in them if you like they just dont need it too keep the air in plus like all tubeless setups you would carry a tube just incase

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im liking the idea of a home brew with glitter.

i have found my stans can thiken up and need renewing after a while. i think art latex, spoon of glitter, anitfreeze (or a bit of vodka)and a dash of water will do the trick.

i think i will give it a go and see what happens

chakaping
    Free Member

I prefer Joe’s anyway and that’s usually a bit cheaper.

It doesn’t have glitter in it though.

mrelectric

Tried Joes but it didn’t work very well while Stans has been great. So good value then ; but cheaper branded version sounds interesting. I’ll be sure to search the STW massive collective brain when I need more.

knightrider
    Free Member

just riding along wheel milk here, lasts longer than stans and works with my normal and old tyres brilliant stuff imo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cheap Stans or alternative?’ is closed to new replies.