Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • cheap softshell?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

~£20 in large…

I’ve checked the dare2b site and no joy in my size…anywhere else do cheapo softshells?

druidh
    Free Member

Aldi

flyingmonkeycorps

Check eBay for Dare2be stuff, I got one off there for about 18 quid I think. Too warm for biking in all but the most Baltic of conditions though I fear, as their stuff is mostly designed for skiing. Weird cut too, very tight across the shoulders for a medium.

Or TK Maxx or Aldi.

Northwind

Trespass do a really fairly nice one. Not very water repellant, but decently made and warm (far too warm for me to ride in tbh but then that’s true of all softshells)

thetabber
    Free Member

SportsDirect do a Regatta windproof softshell for £18.

Nobby

thetabber – Member
    SportsDirect do a Regatta windproof softshell for £18.

Our local one also had a few Montane bits cheap & couple from Karrimor a week or so go.

TiRed

TK MAXX are selling cheap Montane, not £20 cheap, but £30 is cheap, nevertheless. Our local store had a better selection.

k-sugden
    Free Member

I have had a Mountain warehouse one for a couple of years it been ok and looks like it will do a couple of years longer

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve got an unworn Aldi one that’s going up for sale. Need to check the size tonight (could be M or L – can’t remember!). Red.

Drop me an email if you’re interested. Will be v cheap.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If cp isn’t interested ourmaninthenorth,I will be.Provided it fits a size 42 chest that is.

continuity
    Free Member

Dare2b softshells are horrific. I ordered a few in their last sale, and sent every single one back despite them ending up costing 13 pounds each.

Cheezpleez

I sent a Dare2 Be one back. Cut was bizarre, material was foul. Got a Karrimor one from Field and Trek which is really nice, although the sizing was a bit big. Not tried riding in it but would prob be OK for cold days

z1ppy

Decathlon walkers softshell was £30 when I bought mine a couple of years ago. Quite thick so autumn/winter only wear but has pitzips to help regulate temperature, best bit of kit I’ve bought over the last couple of years (yet to let water in too), pity I got it in luminous green (they do black too)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Regatta from Go Outdoors, same company as Dare 2 b, they’re not gonna win any marks for style but it’s high on value, they have several which fit the bill. I’ve got the Bradwell, it’s absolutely fine and has changed my mind about cheap gear, in many instances I prefer wearing it to my spangly Rab softshell

ourmaninthenorth

@monkeycmonkeydo – I’ll check it tonight.

rocketman
    Free Member

TK Maxx is where it’s at.

Lots of inexpensive kit like this with Germano-Nordic labels

singletracksurfer

on one did some cheap (surprise, surprise) ones.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Dare2b softshells are horrific.

Total opposite experience here. Got a thin softshell, great (read ‘athletic’) cut – snug fit, long arms, long tail, zips in right places when wearing with a rucksack. Staple late autumn / mild winter riding jacket.

But this one of their first generation ones, so they may have been trying to impress.

Got a Karrimor one from Field and Trek which is really nice…

Really? Truly? 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘cheap softshell?’ is closed to new replies.