Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap smart watches/android wear
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I see there are a few pretty cheap (£30-£40) watches on some of the usual Chinese websites. Anyone know if these are any good? I quite like the budget oddly named phones, they seem to be pretty close to the big brands for a fraction of the price, are watches the same? I only really want it for mapping, quite like the live map that google have and hopefully this feature will come to Viewranger or other OS map apps. Seems like a good option for biking and outdoorsy stuff keeping the phone tucked away. Are feature like this watch dependent or does the phone do the bulk of the work and watch just echoes it?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Get an original pebble. Those cheap ones are landfill.

gwaelod
    Free Member

new Sony Smartwatch3 starts at £100

dooosuk
    Free Member

Techie bloke at work bought a cheap Chinese watch for his son recently and really rates it for the cost (he has a Sony one himself). Unfortunately he’s off today and Mon, Tues so I can’t ask him what it is.

bombjack
    Free Member

Really rate my Sony Smartwatch 3, with Strava the phone still does the GPS side, but the display on the watch in real time and really usefull for HR / Distance etc.

lovewookie

providing you don’t have any great expectations of it, they’re OK.

I use mine as a silent alarm, nothing more. bluetooth connectivity allows me to see texts on my wrist, and play music from my phone to the crappy speaker in the watch. quite why I’d do that I don’t know.

I can call from it too, and the person I call can hear me, if I speak into the watch. but that makes me look like I’ve got some 1980’s spy tech. still, it beats what most 20 somethings seem to do, having a call on speakerphone whilst holding the handset flat in front of their mouths. it’s not friggin star trek.

disco_stu
    Free Member

This might be something to think about if your thinking of buying a cheap smart watch

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/02/chinese_backdoor_found_in_ebays_popular_cheap_smart_watch/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap smart watches/android wear’ is closed to new replies.