Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cheap SIM only deals at the mo..
  • DrP

Tesco are peeing me off…edging the price up, sending me annoying texts that I’m near my UNLIMITED date threshold (first time ever..hey – I’ve got an ‘In the night garden’ habit that sometimes needs a fix in the pub…

I own the phone, and looking for a few hundred minutes of calls, included texts/MMS, and data.

I’ve a oneplus phone, so annoyingly won’t get 4g on the o2 networks (of which Tesco is)

Giff gaff (o2)?
    Asda mobile (EE) etc

Any suggestions welcome!

DrP

nickjb
    Free Member

Been on giffgaff a while and happy with them. Really easy to switch deals. Easy to try out and bin if you don’t like it. Had some minor issues which have all been easily resolved online without ever needing a call centre so that’s a big plus.

m0rk
    Free Member

How much are you using in a month?

Drac

GiffGaff is O2.

Check out BT or EE they do some good offers.

DrP

I’m a really low user TBH.
    At most, about 1-200 minutes of calls
    A few hundred texts (though like MMS to be included).
    Data – never reached my 2 gig limit, though the more the merrier..

DrP

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Have you got a BT landline?
    If so try BT mobile – I pay a tenner a month for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 2 gig of data. I was with giffgaff before and I find that 4g is far better on BT.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I changed from EE to BT last week £10 for 2Gb data, 500mins & unlimited texts (BT customers only), I’ve just checked and it’s dropped to £8 a month. I wonder if I’m in the cooloing off period 😕

SilentSparky
    Free Member

TalkMobile (Vodafone network), come out reasonable on SIMO plans, £7.50 for 2Gb or £10 for 4Gb plus plenty of text/minutes.

ross980
    Free Member

Do people still send MMS? I thought Whatsapp killed would have killed them off by now.
    There’s lots of threads on HUKD for SIM only plans linky

DrP

The talkmobile deals look good, and as it’s vodaphone I’d get 4g…
    Might be the way to go!

DrP

EDIT – nope, it’s only EE that would wor as 4g..Hmm. Not that big a deal..maybe?

bikemike1968
    Free Member

4g is a lot faster, I wouldn’t go back to 3g.
    Also bear in mind that all the investment by the phone companies is into 4g – on my company phone which is 3g only coverage and speed has got noticeably worse over the last few months.

Cougar

Coincidentally, I’ve just been reading this.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/05/uk-freedompop-review/

Hard to beat “free.”

scaredypants

DrP – Member
    The talkmobile deals look good, and as it’s vodaphone

😯
    The only company (not phone provider; company of any sort) I’ve found worse to deal with than vodafone is talkmobile

Drac

Keep away from anything Vodafone related you can make a phone call but anything data related is waste of time.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Vodafone is best for 4g in my neck of the woods (south downs five miles outside Worthing)

Drac

That’s about the only place you’ll get it. 😆

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I’m currently with three, paying £13 for 200 minutes and unlimited data, They’ve just written to me to tell me my plan is being withdrawn and the equivalent is £23. Not impressed.

paule
    Free Member

Just got an ID mobile sim, 250min, many texts and 2Gb for £7.50 a month via their website. Same with 1Gb is a fiver a month

bear-uk
    Free Member

I get 4G on giffgaff with my One+ 2 phone.

Kuco

Can also recommend BT. I was lucky, didn’t realise they were doing a blackfriday deal when I joined so got an extra £2 off so for £8 I get 500 mins, unlimited texts and 2 gig of data.

phiiiiil

Is that Freedompop service the data only one where voice is basically an app like Skype, so unless you’re in a decent data area you’re stuffed?

If not, who am I thinking about?

scotroutes

4G in Aviemore. It came as a bit of a shock as we didn’t even have 3G before (or, indeed, any data service)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Shock here too, we are just far enough from civilisation (in the South East you wouldnt think it possible) to not get supplied with much, mobile coverage was poor all round so 4G was far from expected. Gas would be nice next please.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cheap SIM only deals at the mo..’ is closed to new replies.