Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cheap running shoes!
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Any runners of STW who can recommend any sub £30 running shoes?

I used to run but always got horrific shin splints which from what I thought was just wearing normal trainers and I was thinking wearing some specific for the job footwear might help 🙂

righog
    Free Member

These are Brilliant.

Silver Shadow

wysiwyg
    Free Member

TK Maxx had some salomon trail jobbies in

Highland28
    Free Member

It really does depend, as above are you running on or off road? How far and how often are you planning in running? From personal experience you can’t really beat a good well fitted pair of running trainers, obviously this doesn’t mean spending a fortune but if you can find somewhere that can test what type of runner you are it can make a huge difference. The likes of run4it and run and become are great shops however their trainers are often 100+ but they will study your technique, whereas I know some decathlon shops also have a basic technique tester which will give you a good idea and have a much wider range if trainer in your price range.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So to summarise you can buy some pretty good cheap trainers, or get some one to look at you run who suggests you can not possibly run in any trainer costing less than £100 hmm

piemonster

I actually found run4it service and advice to be a bit shonky and generalised to be honest.

cynic-al
    Free Member

And we have the notion that a £30 “running shoe” will sort someone with running issues.

natrix
    Free Member

I really would recomend going to a decent running shop and getting them to analyse your gait so that they can suggest a suitable shoe. Running is one of the cheapest sports going, all you need is a decent pair of shoes to help prevent injury.

Many years ago I wrote The role of footwear in minimizing lower limb injury see http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02640419408732180

A decent pair of shoes, suited to your running style are very good value for money once you think of how many injury free miles you can (hopefully) get from them 🙂

Psplat
    Free Member

+1 for a proper running shop, especially if your trying to stop injuries.

I used to be able to run in any cheap trainer ( years ago ) but then got a pair that gave me blisters every time I ran any proper distance in them. This basically stopped me running, eventually I went out and spent the cash, at a proper running shop, never looked back.

Although now, knowing what shoes I need I stock up when I find them in a sale 🙂

durhambiker
    Free Member

or get some one to look at you run who suggests you can not possibly run in any trainer costing less than £100 hmm

Not at all if you go to the right shop. I went to Start Fitness in Durham, and they ended up recommending the cheapest of all the trainers they had in that would fit me. They were paying attention to the fit of the shoe on me rather than how much the shoe cost.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can’t recommend any shoes. What’s comfy for me isn’t necessarily going to be comfy for you.
    Don’t get too concerned about gait analysis, pronation control, and other things that tend to be mentioned as important when choosing shoes though. It’s mostly bollocks and much of the recent research also confirms it’s mostly bollocks.
    That said there’s nothing wrong with going to a shoe shop and asking their advice, and they’re going to have a variety of shoes.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sportsshoes.com are usually pretty good. Big discounts on some stuff.

fubar
    Free Member

I did the whole gait analysis thing and compared a few different shoes and ended up with K-Swiss California for about £90…these can now be found for not much more than £30 e.g. K-Swiss California

previous years too

note – these offer some moderate motion control so may or may not be suitable for you

Lesanita2
    Free Member

If you want cheap and you are prone to shin splints run on the beach.

Pay for advice if you can. Running it s cheap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cheap running shoes!’ is closed to new replies.