Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cheap rotors on ebay?
  • jaycmx1
    Free Member

has anyone ever bought any of the wavy or normal rotors on ebay.there only 10 to 15 pound each for the 180mm.just bought some hope 185s for my xtr brakes and they dont fit 🙁

Crag
    Free Member

I’d try the Imperial rotors from mtb-direct before ebay. About a tenner a go from memory.

These are quite cheap as well http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Rotors.html

paulosoxo
    Free Member

has anyone ever bought any of the wavy or normal rotors on ebay.there only 10 to 15 pound each for the 180mm.just bought some hope 185s for my xtr brakes and they dont fit

2.5mm of washers should do it, or are XTR not post-mount with adaptors?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

shimano use 180 mm rotors hence 185mm rotors don’t fit!!

hopkinsgm

I’ve had some from an ebay shop International Bike Disc Brake Pads (sellers name is “bikefridge”. The plain non-wavey round ones have quite a large braking surface, so better suited to brakes with larger pads – I’m using them with old Hope Minis (180 front, 160 rear) and they’re fine. I’ve got some old Hope M4’s on another bike and they’re not so good on that as the pads are smaller so they only make contact with a comparatively small area of the brake disc (though with two pads, they’re in contact with a longer section of the disc, if that makes any sense).

G

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘cheap rotors on ebay?’ is closed to new replies.