Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cheap rigid carbon forks (mtb)
  • hora
    Free Member

Best place? On one are £150. Must be 1 1/8 and cheep for rigid/pub build

imnotverygood

Graphite:

It is a form of very cheap carbon & I find it is pretty stiff. Dunno about the rest of of your specification.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eskay

Got mine here, quite impressed with them:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&

Yak

As eskay said. The exotics are v good. There’s even a cheaper alu version if its just for a pub build.

wwaswas

I put a pair of the alu exotic ones on my wife’s bike. They’re still light and have been fine.

hora
    Free Member

The Exotics look good. The website looks very familiar- Discobrakes?

Three options (1 29/650)- but two are these lengths?
    F0945 44.5cm 26″ Wheel
    F0925 42.5cm 26″ Wheel

Why go for 44.5 (purely if you want more tyre clearance or is it axle to crown?)

mrjmt
    Free Member

Why go for 44.5 (purely if you want more tyre clearance or is it axle to crown?)

To get the right jometry on a long travel frame.

Yak

445 is about a sagged 100mm 26er fork comparison. Eg Reba A-C is 473 un-sagged.

425 would replace an 80mm 26er fork.

A really long travel 26er fork would be best replaced by a 29er rigid, so about 460-470mm rigid A-C.

globalti
    Free Member

Exotics are excellent forks; light, strong and smooth riding.

hora
    Free Member

Ah cheers Yak. I guestimate the ideal length for my frame was a 130mm travel fork (SC Chameleon) so will look at the ATC’s.

redstripe
    Free Member

Not carbon, but I have used some of these Mosso forks for a few builds which are good value for money, very light and never had any issues, I think there are carbon and V brake versions available too:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l2632.R2.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmosso+fork&_nkw=mosso+fork&_sacat=7294&_from=R40

Duffer
    Free Member

If it’s just for a pub bike, then why carbon? You could get a set of Cromotos for two-thirds of your budget.

hora
    Free Member

Fancy carbon. I’m not going to put secondhand old FSA high rise bars on either 😉 8)

Northwind

hora – Member

The Exotics look good. The website looks very familiar- Discobrakes?

Aye, same company.

If you’re going carbon you’re going to be hard pushed to beat Exotic, they’re pretty much the cheapest branded option and they’re also dead good. Unless you want stiff- they’re really not that. But that’s cool, it works absolutely fine (is quite good sometimes, I thought of it as horizontal travel 😉 )

But yeah for a cheap pub bike fork I’d be putting cheap pub bike forks on it personally…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cheap rigid carbon forks (mtb)’ is closed to new replies.