Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap rear wheel.
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I need a new rear wheel for my hardtail and want something that’s relatively cheap. I’ve found a Superstar one for £130: Are they any good?

Hubs with cartridge bearings preferred. I’m 70kg, so no heavyweight and it would be mainly for xc duties, but with some jumps and drops involved.

Any recommendations?

mccraque

Superstar are doing SETS of Pacenti on Switch Evo or Stand on Switch Evo for less than £200 now. Tubeless compatible,if you’re jumping and dropping then the flow’s are beefy. Or if you’re talking drops of a couple of feet then the Pacenti’s and the Stans Crest Rims will be just fine.

mikey74
    Free Member

I already have a decent front wheel so I don’t need a wheelset, but I’ll have a look at those Pacenti rims (never heard of them).

mccraque

But if you can pick up the set for £160 (as I thnk the Pacentis are the mmoment), you have a front wheel for £30, or ebay it for more than £30….

as I understand it, the Pacenti rims are from the same factory as the Stans rims. Well…that’s what Superstar told me/

mikey74
    Free Member

That is true. What about the Superstar hubs?

Northwind

The pacentis have a fearsome reputation for denting, no wonder really, they weigh nowt.

Sonor
    Free Member

I had a wheel made up from Superstar over two years ago, Switch evo hub, mavic XC717 rims, double butted spokes, cost £130, no problems with it although I don’t do many drops/jumps.

slackman99
    Free Member

If you went for the Superstar set, i’ll happily take the front wheel off your hands to bring your spend down to £130 (email in profile)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap rear wheel.’ is closed to new replies.