Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Cheap power meter?
  • bob_summers

Tired off here has a powercal, some more info on the last page of my thread here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-power-meter-stages-or-power2max/page/3

alexathome
    Free Member

What about a 2nd hand powertap? You could probably pick one of the wired ones up for 150 notes. I’ve got one I want to offload, but I’m not in the country.

Re: 564 for 3 mins, I’d of thought any half decent roadie would get somewhere near those numbers on a good day, probably put you at about cat 2 if you are 80kg. If you are under 70kg you’d be riding near elite level, well were I live anyway.

alexathome
    Free Member

Double post whammy.

TiRed

If you’d like to see powercal data, here is yesterday evening’s ride around Swinley. It was fairly gentle ride with Teen1, and the average power reflects this. The peak power is likely to be off, but rather pleasingly, power drops when I stop riding much faster than heart rate. Couple of nice sharp steep climbs on my Single speed show in HR and power.

alexathome
    Free Member

I’d never seen one of those before – interesting. I never thought that anything without a torque tube would provide accurate numbers. How does it account for heart rate effected by what you’ve eaten, how hot it is etc? Heart rate is such a lagging factor I can’t see how the short term numbers can be accurate?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Cheap power meter?’ is closed to new replies.