Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheap (nice) bathroom …plaster, tile or panel
  • womp
    Free Member

I need a bathroom doing that will on be in place for 2 years (due to intended extension)

I have plumbed the bath, sink and toilet and just need a finish on the walls (which are a mess)

It’s only small 4m x 3M with a window

The standard thing to do I guess would be cheap white tile with a feature strip

Would it be cheaper to half tile and plaster ? (I’m thinking 2 tradesmen would cancel out any saving on tiles)

Or is that acrylic sheet any good

Or indeed any thing else cheaper than tiles ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d tile it, it’s not difficult to DIY it and surprisingly quick to do if you put the adhesive on the wall and put the tiles in a bucket of water to soak then it’s just like building lego, but in 2D.

We bought some of the plastic sheet stuff that was supposed to look like tiles, and it looks like plastic sheet stuff that’s supposed to look like tiles.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wet wall an option ??

Smudger666

if the plastic tile lookalike works out cheaper, id do that for two years – we did it when we were on a tight budget and it was quite easy to DIY. looked ok for the first few years.

we’ve ripped it out and i got a tiler in to do a professional job and there is no comparison – either price or quality wise.

Sundayjumper

…will on be in place for 2 years (due to intended extension)

Is it definitely only two years ? Because IME these things drag on and that two years could easily become five before you notice.

Cheap plain white tiles. Quite easy to DIY, as above. Get a decent tile cutter though. It can be done with an angle grinder but makes a bit of a mess !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheap (nice) bathroom …plaster, tile or panel’ is closed to new replies.