Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap Merckx frames/bikes
  • beagle
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of the brand? Especially the carbon side of things? They seem to be all over Merlin and Wiggle at big discounts.

Ready for a new road bike or frame. The proprietary seatpost putting me off he below. Very tempting though?!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eddy-merckx-mourenx-69-disc-road-bike-ultegra-2017/

lazybike
    Free Member

A couple of club mates have them..they’ve not had any issues.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I know that as a company Merckx suffered massive losses a year or so ago, could be why they’re popping up cheap

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d be wary that there’s not much info about the quality of the frame.

Were you after something quite sportivey?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they had financial problems and have just been bought by Ridley IIRC, so probably clearing out all the old stock from the old distributor.

Was gutted the hugely discounted retro steel Liege sold out but they’re not a brand that’s had a lot of press or exposure in the UK.

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers For replies thus far.

Yes – chakaping. Mason Resolution on top of list, but waiting for flatmount rear on that as I have brifters ready to go. The Merckx is tempting but less four seasony I guess.

Just something for long days, fairly versatile as it’ll be my only drop handlebar bike going forward.

Tempted to stump up for a J. Leverack J.Ack as well or wait for the ti version of the Resolution which coming next year.

beagle
    Free Member

Ok. So the Mason Definition has gone to flat mount. Tempting…..

But, those Merckx bikes are still very good value on the face of it. And Merlin selling 2017 bikes recently into stock. 1700 for the sellanches 64 disk, di2 ultegra, carbon frame etc, somethintg like half price!

Anyone know anymore, or bought one? just wondering about max clearance/guards and Merlin aren’t great speaking about details on the phone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Merckx frames/bikes’ is closed to new replies.