Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Cheap Mavic Crossmax ST
  • iain65
    Free Member

Just got a set of these http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/mtb-bmx-bike/wheels-factory-built-wheels-factory-mtb-mavic-pair-wheels-crossmax-st-disc-intl-20×110/maviwhfm435000000000

Crossmax ST reduced to £225 with another 12 percent of using SALE12

I’ve seen them sell for lots more secondhand on ebay.

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers for this, what does the 20 x 110 mean?

tonyg2003

QR20 front hub

rickmeister

That is a hell of a good deal…

20mm or standard QR front hub.

chilled76
    Free Member

Do they come with adaptors to run qr? I’m struggling to make head or tail of the mavic website 🙁

Northwind

That is excellent. They’re not worth the RRP but that price is ace.

Usually the ST comes in 15mm doesn’t it, with 20mm an optional extra? So I suspect these might not come with adaptors but these will sort them out if so :
    http://www.bikeinn.com/bike/mavic-front-axle-adapter-9mm—skewer-for-crossmax/43147/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=215775&country=uk&gclid=COLWiLSZgbwCFRMQtAodEVwATw

(any Mavic dealer can get them, you don’t need to order from abroad)

iain65
    Free Member

I bought a set of QR wheels and the description was equally vague, phoned them on Monday to confirm and order and got them today. They were slightly less at £176 inc the 12% discount.

I did a bit of checking and the 20 110 i think is the 20mm front hub (bolt thru?) and I assume the 110 is the width ie standard.

When I ordered the QR version it went out of stock so I suspect thee is only one or two sets.

The wheels were supplied with all the normal valves, spanner, spoke key and front and rear quick releases.

Hope this helps.

tonup
    Free Member

any idea how much the adaptors are guys, think im having these,
    need 9mm qr front and rear

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Can they be converted to 142x12mm rear?

Stu661
    Free Member

Going by the photo they are not the latest model.

iain65
    Free Member

Don’t go by the photo, mine came with white hubs. I think they are 2013 model?

rickmeister

I’ll do a quick back pedal on my post up there ^^^

I bought a set in the CRC sale, old stock but new and unused.

Arrived with adaptors for 9mm and 15 mm QR’s and F&R 9mm qr/skewers, all the rest was as ian65 said, all bagged up and sealed.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Iain65, do you know if the rear hub can be converted to 142×12 bolt through?

iain65
    Free Member

Sorry chunky monkey, no idea, I think they can be but it’s only a guess based on a mates 29 inch set that did convert.

jimw
    Free Member

If 2013 hubs with IST-4 freehub, then they can be converted to 142×12. Should come with 142 adaptors and centres for 135 QR as standard, and fronts with adaptors for 15mm and 20 mm but not QR – these are extra.

Stu661
    Free Member

Iain65 if they are the latest model you will come with silver/gray end caps for the rear axle to convert them to 12×142.

blurltrider
    Free Member

Sold out- had a pair in the basket but they disappeared when I was checking out. Showing as not available now.

iain65
    Free Member

Stu, There were no adapters in the kit.

Northwind

@ blur lt, showing as available to me, just managed to add one to a basket. It showed up as being the last, so now that I’ve removed it, should be available

matther01
    Free Member

Any idea if they could be converted to 15mm front?

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some.
    And I didn’t even need any wheels!! 🙄

matther01
    Free Member

Can anyone that bought a 20mm set please let me know what year they are and if the front hub can take adapters to convert to 15mm?! Bought a set but may not be convertible easily!

Mine will arrive while I’m out of the country.

Cheers!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They are not convertible by any conventional means.

anc
    Free Member

The photos were of 2009 versions. Ian65 said his hubs are white so they are 2010 on.
    The hubs that are fully convertible between all the main standards are 2012 on as mentioned above when they introduced the IST-4 hubs. These versions come with all the necessary adaptors.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Mine have been dispatched so we’ll see when they arrive….
    They’ll just go back if they’re no good.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Received an email from Ribble apparently they’re 2009 versions.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

2009! I’ve just thrown a set of them away.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I have a set of 2013’s for sale, rear is 142 x 12 and front is 20mm but have the 15mm adapters somewhere. Comes with a set of nearly new BC 2.4 rubber queens.

These are 2013’s not 2009’s 😮

Mine are these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-crossmax-st-disc-mtb-wheelset-2014/rp-prod87454

I’ll do a good deal.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

@ChunkyMTB How much?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

New they are just under £600, but email me and I’ll do a very good deal.

matther01
    Free Member

2009?! Think they’ll be returned then!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Received mine, really old version. Can’t convert to 142×12. Look lovely mind but they won’t fit my bike.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Mavic Crossmax ST’ is closed to new replies.