Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheap Maplins alarm problems help
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

TSG fitted a fob operated alarm for me.Its been setting itself of occasionally even when the alarm isn’t triggered!Any of you had this problem?What did you do about it?Cheers for any help.

jamesoz

Intruder alarms only usually trigger when not set for 3 reasons,
    1 Tamper faults,
    2 Battery problems
    3 Being a bit crap.
    Tamper faults are usually loose connections assuming a wired system or any of the boxes will have a microswitch or similer that might need adjustment.

I used to be in the trade and unless things have changed drastically, by your thread title I’d say it’s the 3rd option.
    Maybe try getting the fitters back or get a proper system installed by a firm with call out back up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks,I thought a Yale lock would be decent.Its a fob controlled job and that seemed to confuse the technician.A proper alarm would be £950.00!

jamesoz

If TSG Can’t/Won’t help I imagine Yale will have a customer helpline.

It’s over 12 years since I worked on intruder alarms but we would dread being called to a DIY system like that as they were almost always a pain in the backside.

I have no idea what would have been fitted for £950 but you would usually be able to drag somebody out at any hour to sort any issues.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fair point,it seems buy cheap buy twice is correct.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I will never use Maplin/TSG again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Maplins alarm problems help’ is closed to new replies.