Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap LG LCD at Currys
  • Flaperon

Bought the 42 inch LG LCD TV for £479 at Currys this afternoon after seeing the advert on their website yesterday. Unfortunately, got it home and discovered that it doesn't match the advert – no ethernet port or wireless capability.

"Other highlights of the LG 42LD550 include NetCast Entertainment Access, which delivers exclusive internet entertainment directly through the TV, without any PC involved! Skype fanatics will be able to chat away to friends and relatives across the globe, whilst YouTube fans will appreciate being able to stream video content straight through this HD TV! What's more, you can check out the latest weather forecast, as well as upload and share your pictures with friends and family via your home network. The LG 42LD550 accommodates an RJ-45 LAN port, in addition to WiFi support, plus includes an optional USB dongle."

Shop is refusing to give a refund on the grounds that it's been used (ie, plugged in!). Before I start discussing things with the credit card company, any suggestions? Does something actually have to be as advertised once I've bought it? Admit that this is partly my fault for not having a more careful look at the one in the shop, but once you consider that it's missing the ethernet and DLNA capabilities it's not that much of a bargain.

Cheers,

Dave.

Houns

Take it back to another store but this time don't tell them you've plugged it in

trailmonkey

Has it got HDMI ports ? Version 1.4 carries ethernet does it not ?.

Make sure that you spend £90 on a 1m HDMI lead from Currys 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

Sounds like grounds for a full refund. Print out that page before they edit it, too.

jam-bo

Or get them to provide you with the one they advertised.

avdave2

not fit for purpose.

Just ask for the manager and ask if he would like to sort out the problem or should you refer it to trading standards. Take a print out of the description with you and if they give you any crap just ring TS from your mobile while standing at the cash desk. wait till there is a good crowd though.

mrmo
    Free Member

whats plugging it in got to do with anything. I bought a new tv a few weeks back unpack remove all the stickers, plug it in to check it works etc. Looking for ports that should be there why would you look before unpacking?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap LG LCD at Currys’ is closed to new replies.