Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap & powerful LED lights? Any suggestions??
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Need some good front lights, but don’t have th cash for expensive ones….anyone used any of the cheap LED’s off of ebay, 1w Cree LED’s?

Anyone got any good suggestions? I’ve heard stories about fishing/hunting lights being much cheaper but I don’t really know what I’m looking for….

benjbish

I’m going to buy one of smudge’s XML lights for the handlebars. Need to decide on a CREE light from DX and an attachment for the helmet.

phil50
    Free Member
    takisawa2

A P7 torch, cells & charger from Dealextreme, & a mount from Fenixshopuk. Cost you about £40 & give you as much light as you’ll need. Plus you get a decent torch for when not biking.

derek_starship
    Free Member

£67 Inc. p&p from smudge at mtbbatteries. Superb Cree XML light power pack and charger. Dead bright and excellent quality.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

phil50 – how long have you been using yours – good in the wet and that? how long does the battery last?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I got a P7 torch from dealextreme and its sh1te. Every time you hit a bump it changes modes and starts flashing or turns off, sometimes it comes on at half brightness for no apparent reason and it gradually gets noticeably dimmer as the battery wears out. Plus the handlebar mount is rubbish. Its more like a DIY project.

phil50
    Free Member

MrKmkll – Only had it for three weeks, so can’t comment on battery life yet. Charged it up when I bought it, used on full beam for about 5hrs still lights up the trail like daylight. Not been rained on yet.

Northwind

Horatio- so return it. Dead easy to deal with DX, they have surprisingly good turnaround times once you’ve dealt with the fairly poor initial part.

But chances are all you need to do is take the tailcap off and tighten the switch back up (if you don’t have circlip pliars, get a bit of stiff wire and bend it into a u-shape then stick it into the holes)

jonba
    Free Member
    chaos

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/

Wade through that website and you’ll have a better idea of what to look for (or use the guys own ebay store).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap & powerful LED lights? Any suggestions??’ is closed to new replies.