Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap last minute (ish) flights to random locations.. How to find them?
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Afternoon STW.

Me and the other half are planning a few trips away throughout January and February next year. Nowhere specific, just new places with new things to see.

We used to use a website that compiled all the amazing deals airlines are offering. Things like Ryan Air flights for £7 each way, but we can’t find a similar thing now.
    Obviously we can sit through the airlines websites and search, but we don’t really have an exact destination in mind.

Does anybody know of a website that compiles the best deals or spur of the moment offers?

Thanks
    J

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Skyscanner?

dmck16
    Free Member

Skyscanner, sometimes combined with Expedia.

That’s the best I’ve found, but I’m all ears if there’s something better?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

here

EasyJet have an “inspire me” thing. It gives you a map and prices to the points on the map.

handyman153
    Free Member

Skyscanner is our go to website at the moment, but we find it’s only usefull if you have a vague idea of location.
    Unless I have missed a certain part?

I’ll give the easyJet site a go!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I have a theory that, for a city break, you can’t really go wrong with destination, and it’s the company you’re in that makes the difference.

In any European city, you will get:

Good eating and drinking
    Museums, galleries, monuments & other tourist attractions
    Bars/clubs
    Bike hire
    Shopping

This is why, last year, we enjoyed Belfast as much as we enjoyed Amsterdam. And on one occasion we sacked off the flights and got the train to Edinburgh.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Do you know that on skyscanner you can choose your departing airport and then type ‘everywhere’ as your destination and it then shows you the cheapest destinations from your airport?

greentricky
    Free Member

Skyscanner

Holiday pirates

Azoun – costs £10 for a year license but found it worth it as save more than that on a single flight normally. Has much better search functionality than any website I have found.

dmck16
    Free Member

@hebdencyclist – or if you’re a solo traveller, go to Berlin. You’ll make friends in a few hours and have an absolute scream 😉

(itching to book another trip!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ryanair has a search on cheapest flights

cheshirecat
    Free Member

You’ll want the “Explore” feature on Kayak

Explore

Type in your home airport, budget and month of travel, and it’ll give you the available destinations

coconut
    Free Member

http://www.charterflights.co.uk

it is where most unsold charter flights end up, lots of late bargins.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap last minute (ish) flights to random locations.. How to find them?’ is closed to new replies.