Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheap Ideas for Marking My 30th
  • Bucko

It’s my 30th in 3 weeks time, I have a couple weeks booked off work and I’m sure Mrs Bucko has something nice planned for me during that time but I also really want to fit in something memorable on 2 wheels. But…

…I’m quite unfit after a crappy winter, I have no money and we have a 7 week old baby.

I live in Exeter and ride solo whenever my commitments allow at Haldon and Eastern Dartmoor. My current idea is basically a few long rides on Dartmoor or The Quantocks for a change, maybe even a day trip to South Wales but I’m not sure the trail centres are really for me.

Any ideas? I really don’t think I’m up for an overnight stay anywhere which obviously restricts things greatly.

Liftman

No money so hookers and coke off the menu, so off license for six cans of wife beater and a McDonald’s on the way back :mrgreen:

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Methinks you should get a group ride organised, possibly over two days. Hip flasks are not optional.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

sit down with a bottle of single and go ‘thank heavens i’m still really young’!!!

then ask us older folk on here me just about to be 3 years shy of 50 – thats scary – what we wish we knew at 30.

grantway
    Free Member

A weekend in Newcastle

Bucko

Obviously I will be doing the traditional night out on the lash, probably going out for a few meals and a few nights in with my favourite beverage. I’m just thinking about a day or 2 on the bike.

To be realistic though, everywhere will still be a quagmire so it’s probably just going to be as planned, a couple epic solos on Dartmoor and the Quantocks

m0rk
    Free Member

Postpone your birthday a few months… The weather will be better, the baby will be older (you’ll feel less guilty being away), might have saved up a bit to have the night away too 🙂

Win Win 🙂

You can bluff it to your missus & say you just want to spend all your time with her & sprog for bonus points

Cougar

I’d try and have a drink of something that’s the same age you are.

This is considerably more affordable at 30 than 40.

beefheart
    Free Member

Set something on fire.

Bucko

I hate to say it but I think you’re right m0rk. February is a crap time for a birthday.

I haven’t drunk whiskey since stealing some Teachers from my grandads cupboard when I was 17, put me off for life.

Cougar

That’s a bit like saying “I haven’t listened to music since my dad’s Charles Asnavour records.”

To be fair, Teacher’s is one of the better brands of whisky I’d use to clean paintbrushes.

Bucko

I know Teachers is awful but unfortunately it’s created a whiskey gag reflex that I can’t control

carlphillips
    Free Member

bucko mine is in 3 weeks too! although I’ve got nearly a decade on you!
    dads dartmoor/tox ride? I’m flexible on times, we organising an afan trip in march too if you fancy coming along?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

February is a crap time for a birthday.

Start saving up for a ski trip for you 40th – the little one will love it.

djglover
    Free Member

Cover yourself in vics vapour rub and have a danger ****, it’s well cheap

Bucko

@carl, mine is on the 25th. I really need to start being more sociable again, I’ve been riding with my dog for the last 6 months as my rides are at such random and irregular times. I also lost my phone and all my contacts last July/August which didn’t help. I would love to tag along to Afan, and organise a Dartmoor or Quantox ride. We should definitely sort it out.

carlphillips
    Free Member

22nd here, will mail you with my contact details.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Ideas for Marking My 30th’ is closed to new replies.