Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cheap i5 laptop
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

looking or the above. I think ive narrowed it down to a dell vostro 3360 or a Lenovo x230 or hp probook. All of these have i5 2nd or 3rd gen proccessors, windows 10 and around 6gb of ram, only going to be used for web stuff and the odd bit of go pro editing. , I can pick them up for circa £140.preferebly looking for a back lit keyboard.. Has anyone had any experience on any of the above.. good/bad points?

cheers

jeffl

Out of interest where are you getting these from, assume they’re refurbs or song hand?

chojin
    Free Member

Lenovo are utter dog****.
    Well the build quality is. We changed from Dell/HP to Lenovo at work and across the board, the Lenovos have been nothing but trouble.

Sure they look nice, but they develop hardware faults like nothing I’ve witnessed in my 20 years in IT.

That goes for their laptops, desktops and tablets.

Servers are ok, I guess.

mattyfez

Sounds reletivley decent, budget an extra £50 to fit a 120gb ssd drive.

turbo1397
    Free Member

@jeffl, yes all seller refurbished units from fleabay. Majority with 30-60 rtb for ‘some’ peace of mind. Got the impression lenovos were better than hp/Dell etc, so maybe not chojin. Need to buy one today as I’m leaving the country for winter next week.. like the look of the vostro, so might plump for that.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Or I have seen this.. everything I need and an sad. . Bit heavier than the the vostro or lenovo though.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152823910169

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve always found lenovos to be good. Had a couple now. Current one has taken a good beating and still works fine. I have upgraded to a ssd which made a huge difference. Any options with that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cheap i5 laptop’ is closed to new replies.