Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cheap hybrid / xc bike for Mother…
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

My dear father has decided he wants to get out riding more (he's on my old saracen Kili team / pro) and therefore wants to get my dearest mother out as well.

The task of find something suitable is thus left to me – "You can build her something reasonable cheap out of parts can't you…" (he seems to have ignored the credit card / massive debt problems I have got myself in to through the medium of bikes)

I imagine its mostly going to be canal / railway walk type stuff so i imagine a hybrid will be best. 5'4" ish sub 10st. Any old/last seasons bargains out there – nothing too fancy – hybrid with a few mm of front suspension and a couple of gears (considering how much she complained about the 7speed she was on last as "its got too many gears I dont know what to do with them"

Help appreciated.

tron
    Free Member

Maybe something with a 3 or 5 speed hub (Decathlon Elops)? Failing that, Ridgeback do some 6 or 7 speed Hybrids & rigid hub geared bikes. I think you'll find that you'll either get a bike with a few hub gears and a rigid fork, or lots of derailleur gears and a suspension fork. Ridgeback are pretty comprehensively distributed too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cheap hybrid / xc bike for Mother…’ is closed to new replies.