Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap holidays
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Right, I’ve got a chunk of leave to use by the end of March but very little money. Has anyone ever gone on one of those cheap package deals and taken a bike (mtb or road) and then maybe taken in a few dirt tracks or the like in the sun? I’m not looking for hardcore single track although if I can find that for pennies then all well and good.

Can anyone suggest a destination?

Cheers.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Tunisia is supposed to be pretty cheap right now…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Guess I asked for that didn’t I!

Anywhere I might actually enjoy?

cp

a lot of the cheap deals use ryanair and easyjet so you’ll be needing to add the cost of taking the bike. I booked some flights individually, sorted the apartments over email etc… and it all came in less than the so called cheap package deals for exactly the same thing.

highly reccomend Lanzarote for winter warmth, and the Las Colinas apartments are excellent in Costa Teguise.

Also heard good things about Gran camaria. Both mtb and road.

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers cp. Sounds good. Anymore for anymore?

uplink
    Free Member

‘spose it depends on how much you have to spend

There’s quite a lot of riding to be had around Malaga, so if you could get a cheap deal to somewhere like Torremolinos, Benalmedina or Fuengirola – you may be in luck

Sierra Cycling is based in Fuengirola so a couple of days with them may fit in with you’re budget

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice so far. Any more ideas from the evening crowd?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Inland Malaga/Cadiz, near Ronda.

Real Spain, not a chip shop in sight.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Cadiz is lovely, dunno if there is much riding there, but i could sit htere for years.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chris, guess I can’t fault you for plugging your venture but I’m looking for something cheap.

donsimon
    Free Member

Shameful plugging there Chris, but if you want someone who’s got a flash and is used to taking cycling photos to come and help you with some publicity shots, give me a shout. 😉

Onzadog, why not get a cheap flight to Malaga, or Valencia or Alicante or Barcelona or Madrid, use the Cercanias trains, which are cheap and bike frindly, to get to a quiter location and book yourself into a B&B and have yourself a little tour of the area and do the planning and booking yourself.

chakaping
    Free Member

Took my bike on a package holiday to Crete years ago, but amalgamated it with luggage allowance of the other 7 people in our group – back when these things were a bit more relaxed.

Why not check out the luggage Ts & Cs on a couple of tour operators and see what the score is?

davesmate
    Free Member

Never done any riding there myself but I reckon you can’t go wrong with any of the canary islands. Volcanic mountains, good weather and loads of cheap deals.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap holidays’ is closed to new replies.