• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap high quality wheels on ebay – Not selling?!
  • fizzicist
    Free Member

Yes its mine and I’m not spamming.

I just genuinely don’t understand why these have only attracted £2.20 of bids – they’re flipping awesome wheels and in really good nick.

gears_suck
    Free Member

TBF I don’t question that they are good but, they aren’t the most attractive set of wheels.

fizzicist
    Free Member

All a matter of taste I guess. The Black Flag wheels are at a more sensible number but IMHO are fugly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ricky1
    Free Member

The serious buyers will only bid at last minute,don’t worry you will get a good price.

gears_suck
    Free Member

You are right of course. It’s a matter for the individual. But you asked for an opinion and I’ve given mine.
    Good luck with the sale though, tere’s still plenty time for it to go higher yet and it’s already creeping up.. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

As is ok as far as description goes but you could do with some more detailed close up pics of the hubs and more of rims.

I don’t think the tyres are helping the sale at all, makes the wheels look a bit weird.

Don’t forget you still have over a day to go and yet you have a few bids already, should go for a lot more in the end.

chrssmale
    Free Member

You have ages left. However, whenever I see wheels for sale with tyres and cassette attached I always think they must be stolen. Not saying they are, but thats always my initial impression.

Northwind

They are going to be great wheels for someone…

First, weights! You can’t sell light things without telling people they’re light! I know they won’t be super-mega-light with the Hope hubs but still, your target market wants to know what they weigh.

White wheels tend to look odd when they’re not in a bike but good when they’re in the right bike, if you’ve got any complete bike pics that might help people visualise them. Natural light for the photos might help too, they look a wee bit yellowy. Get ’em against grass or something else high contrast to brighten them up? I’d have the tyres and cassette off personally- people may think what’s that hiding? Hope hub so freehub could be mauled. You don’t talk about the bearings, again it’s ebay so people are suspicious, absence can suggest problems.

But then again I have like 4 sets of wheels I need to sell so what do I know?

ricky1
    Free Member

And what Robdob said the tyres look weird and overpower the rims and make them look inferior.

mike_p
    Free Member

Please say you never spent £800, or even half that – makes you sound FOS. Regardless, no-one’s gonna pay decent money for dinged wheels.

Personally I’d strip them down to wheels, cassette & tyres, sell them separately, keep the descriptions factual and cut out the BS.

cp

They’re not worth anything like 800 quid so that has you out initially as someone who bends the truth

They’re white. White massively reduces the market open to you.

They’re an older model rim.

There’s a ding in the rim, on the basis of the the value being stretched, I’d not necessarily believe your comment about it sealing OK.

No actual weights are mentioned. The Olympic rim is aimed at people interested in how much their wheels weigh.

I don’t think including the tyres and or cassette really adds and value or appeal. I’d pretty much see them as freebies, as again, your limiting them further to someone who might want those tyres.

It all comes across to me as a bit of a mish mash with a very limited target market.

And they’re 26er.

That said, its eBay and the real bids and value increases will only happen in the last few seconds.

DT78
    Free Member

My Olympics on a2z hubs which had a brand new freehub sold for £82….people dont want 26 xc wheels at the moment….

Drac

You have your answers so I’ve deleted your link now as it goes against the rules.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap high quality wheels on ebay – Not selling?!’ is closed to new replies.