Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap helmet video camera for commuting…
  • twistedpencil

I thought I’d take this one away from the other thread I started. The other thread will put this into context.

Recommend me a cheap helmet camera for filming my daily commute, must be able to film for 45mins at a reasonable quality, for evidence M’Lud…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Looked perfect right up till I read “this item is not waterproof”

Whata shame, it looked like such a great little camera, mind at that price it might be worth a punt, try and waterproof it yourself.

donsimon
    Free Member

Try this.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/
    Don’t know about waterproofability, but I do like the idea of constant loop recording stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How on earth have I managed all these years? Commuting in one of the largest, busiest cities in the world, without a camera to record “evidence”?

What a fool I have been!

😐

project
    Free Member

Don Simon thats the one ive got, and to make it waterproof wrap in cling film over the handlebar mount, and screw on the rear cup.

and here is the film off it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZy_Pub985A&list=UU_kaz1vhOldrsr4Gw_N5GDQ&index=3&feature=plcp, on a 4 gb card it records for about 45 mins, also records on a contiuousloop for ever if pluged into a cigarette lighter socket in a car.

donsimon
    Free Member

What a fool I have been!

You may joke Flashy, but I imagine the traffic is travelling with a little less speed than the open roads, except Madrid where I cut my teeth… 🙁
    In recent months, in the UK, I’ve come across an articulated wagon on the wrong side of the road leaving me no option but to ride into the hedge.
    Fortunately I got the company details and the Police were top.
    Last week a van overtook dangerously and pulled back in nearly pushing me into a wall. A camera would have been quite nice then.

bigblackshed

HEDCAMZ

Saw the Bullet and the Hedcam MM. The quality of the footage was excelent for the size of the camera. And less likely to attract attention than a Go-Pro.

edlong
    Free Member

I always think the urban warriors with the cameras must be hearing faint hints of Wagner as they “go into battle” of a morning.

Mad Max 2 was on the Telly tonight btw.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

I wish I’d had one of those when a runner jumped into my path an belted me one. That way there would have been no argument what so ever.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap helmet video camera for commuting…’ is closed to new replies.