Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • "Cheap" helmet light with similar form factor to Exposure Joystick?
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a cheap all-in-one (ie without external leads/battery) helmet mounted light?

Must be supplied with mount.

It’s doesn’t need
    10,000 lumens or
    48hr run time or
    be waterproof to 5000m or
    so tough it would survive a nuclear bomb or
    so we’ll built my great-great-grandkids will be able to use…
    Just something “cheap” (under £80?) for someone who only dabbles occasionally in fair weather night-riding (though my local trails are pretty technical!)

Preferably something buy-it-now on eBay or Amazon…
    Cheers!

wiggles
    Free Member

Ive got an old (like very old) joystick “maxx” that was serviced/refurbished by exposure after last winter if you are interested.

markgraylish
    Free Member

I live in Vancouver Canada so postage would probably be a hassle and charger plug incompatible but let’s see what other suggestions turn up here!

Thanks!

nosedive
    Free Member

Ive not got one but have other things from the same seller

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Lezyne ones are decent. Mine has been reliable – maybe not as bright as joysticks but enough.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Hmmm, Torcy won’t post to Canada…good try though!

lardman
    Free Member

the Lezyne ones are pretty similar and robust too.
    Super drive XL…..

like this

docgeoffyjones

WF-501B with a decent battery and charger. I had the body of mine turned down to fit in a joystick mount. prior to that i just used a rubber mount and cable ties.

pnik

Ultra Fire PD32 from DealExtreme fits the bill and the USE mount perfectly, finally bit the bullet and got a diablo last year, it is better but maybe not 30x better.

vincienup
    Free Member

Second on the Lezynes. The MacroDrive is reasonably bright and quite cheap. I got a couple of winters out of one as a daily commuter. It’s still usable now and gets used to walk the dogs.

pdw
    Free Member

Moon Vortex Pro. Very similar beam to Joystick (see http://lights.road.cc/ for a comparison). I got mine for £45 from Merlin. Comes with a helmet mount.

alanf
    Free Member

Fluxient U2 mini

Ah same as the one posted above on ebay.
    Great torch, fits in an exposure mount.

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lezyne Macro Drive Duo 700L that I picked up from Wiggle for £35 a month or so ago, I’m really impressed with it. Haven’t run it down on full blast so no idea how long it genuinely lasts, but I’ve never run it flat on 2/2.5 hr rides (i switch it off on the bits where I don’t need it)

I think they sold them pretty fast but there may be some more out there at similar prices.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘"Cheap" helmet light with similar form factor to Exposure Joystick?’ is closed to new replies.