Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Cheap heating oil now.
  • theocb
    Free Member

Just ordered in a thousand litres and the price is cheaper than any other time we have bought in the last 4 years.

If you are running low might be worth topping up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheap fire wood offload just now as well

I got a pile the size of a land rover discovery dumped on my drive for 200 quid…….

MrOvershoot

Yes typical last July-September I was using 8000 litres of red diesel a day in 2 generators we had on site! pice was up around 70ppl now its 61ppl 🙁

geoffj

trail_rat – Member
    cheap fire wood offload just now as well

I got a pile the size of a land rover discovery dumped on my drive for 200 quid…….

Could he not have done you one of his Holshauzens with it?

Sui
    Free Member

If you are a heavy user of oil, just hedge it over a year, the extra cost is only ever half a penny or so.

We’re going through a dip at the moment as the market is stable now that America is fully self reliant, most hydrocarbons should be at their cheapest for quite some time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Geoff wasnt mcmoonter

Wasnt a pile toed in by a disco either it was a pile the size of the disco he dumped it next to. Was a 7.5 tonne truck full ti the gills. Fella even said there was a bit extra on as he needed the room to move next years dry stock into the barn for final drying for next year.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

I paid 54p per litre last week…….inc VAT.

frogstomp

Waiting for it to dip below 50p here.. the relatively warm winter seems to have had an effect, hopefully this warm period will last and drive it down further. Remember when it was 35p/l (2007?)…

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

I can remember when it was 11p per litre…………..but I am quite ancient 😆

honeybadgerx

I’m sure everyone is already aware of it’s existence, but I’ve always found Boiler Juice cheaper than direct quotes from suppliers by a few pence.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m sure everyone is already aware of it’s existence, but I’ve always found Boiler Juice cheaper than direct quotes from suppliers by a few pence.

Christ, really??
    They’re more expensive by a couple of pence round here. From memory there was some issue with them price-fixing or something. The only thing they supply that I find useful is the price chart as it gives me an idea of what’s happening and the absolute maximum anyone would have to pay.
    Radio 4 are doing a piece tomorrow on the recent drop in domestic oil prices and why it’s going to stay low – sounds interesting 🙂

honeybadgerx

There was a good five pence in it for my last delivery, but it does depend on what other people in the area are ordering (pretty much everyone near me is on oil so there’s probably a good chance of getting lumped in a big order too). I think the price fixing thing happened a couple of years ago so might have been sorted out now, as long as you check other suppliers you’re ok anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Boilerjuice may be cheaper than your localist supplier but they are by no means the cheapest, used them once as they were cheaper than the yellow pages suppliers close to me , watched who boilerjuice used and went direct the next time , result is 2/3 pence cheaper than boilerjuice.

For those in the ne scotland look at regency oils , generally cheapest about if you can select their “sometime in the next 10day option” although some times connon bros pip them to the post.

woffle
    Free Member

Nope. Opposite around here too – thus far I’ve always beaten the best Boilerjuice price at at least two of the local fuel companies (East Sussex) I’ve tried. Usually try the website as a level, then a couple of calls and use the cheaper of the direct quotes…

theocb
    Free Member

Boiler juice have never been the cheapest for us.

Oil prices are still low folks :0) Cheapest price paid today in 5 years.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i dont have room for another delivery 😀

you have used 1 thousand litres in 4 months ?

i got 750 litres in February and don’t have room for another 500l

brassneck

Village syndicate pricing with our local supplier cheapest for us. I did once buy from BoilerJuice when they couldn’t match the 48hr delivered price for some reason.

ourmaninthenorth

Shame the same isn’t true of bottled LPG….

Still, I had the stove lit on Saturday and the ecofan is on its way from Amazon…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i swept my chimney and had my new stove fitted yesterday

like night and day. alberg 7 . its nothing fancy but it has a bigger firebox with better directed air controls over the previous aga piece of crap which only had a front bottom air vent that didnt even fully close. theres no comparison to the old stove withthe heat thats given off even only with a small cure the fire cement fire.

you will enjoy the ecofan OMITN – wouldnt be without ours now. im even temped by a second cheap model as we have much more heat to move about now and also the stove top space to accomodate it.

ourmaninthenorth

you will enjoy the ecofan OMITN – wouldnt be without ours now.

As good an endorsement as it gets. Cheers TR.

Our bungalow has been suffering from damp over the last couple of months. I’ve taken to more regular window opening, but would love to be able to “push” as much of the stove’s heat through it as I can as well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i would post a gratuitous photos but the powers that be have blocked picasa in the office 🙁

mrben100
    Free Member

brassneck – Member
    Village syndicate pricing with our local supplier cheapest for us.

That’s also how we roll, dunno how much we spend per litre, I leave all that to the OH – I’d probably cry if I knew.

trail_rat
    Free Member

can you see that OMITN ?

hooli

Boilerjiuce is most expensive around here too, a quick call to the 2 big companies in the area always get us a better deal.

MrGrim

Boiler Juice tends to be fairly good round here and I normally end up going through them. Can’t remember the exact cost, but it was just over 50p a litre for an order of 3000 litres a few weeks ago. Definitely stocked up at that price for the winter and it will probably see me right through to the summer next year.

br
    Free Member

Cheapest where we are is 54.6ppl inc VAT (1000 litre), just did a call around as we need a fill.

It was 60ppl in June, 61ppl in Feb and 61ppl this time last year.

ourmaninthenorth

can you see that OMITN ?

Yes! Cheers.

frogstomp

Have always used Boiler Juice but had a look around this time.. tried The Oil Club and it came out marginally cheaper, and independent .. 50p/litre.

househusband

Have always used Boiler Juice but had a look around this time.. tried The Oil Club and it came out marginally cheaper, and independent .. 50p/litre.

Just joined The Oil Club – thanks for the link, frogstomp.

boxelder

We gave up approaching 40p when the boiler needed changed. Would have been new boiler, new oli tank and cost to bury/secure it. Changed to Air source heat pump, PV panels and woodburner (with bottled gas cos we hate electric hubs). Elec bil ~£1,600, but panels earn £1,100. £30 on gas per year. Firewood scavenged.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Although I’ve just bought 1500l if the price continues to drop I may take the unprecidented move of topping off the tank with another 1000l!!
    Problem is prices will prob stay the same due to the ‘winter effect’.

br
    Free Member

Filled up yesterday, price 55ppl here (Scottish Borders); out of interest how much is it in other parts of the country?

wolly
    Free Member

53ppl last week North Yorkshire

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

48.5 in Belfast

boblo
    Free Member

I bought 1000l @ 50p/l last week. Cambs.

rockhopperbike

54ppl Devon

MrGrim

49p now in Perth and Kinross through boiler juice.

ChrisE
    Free Member

47p this week in N Yorks.

Both tanks right up to the brim.

C

theocb
    Free Member

Time for a top up??
    35ppl with boiler juice at the minute.

br
    Free Member

35ppl with boiler juice at the minute.

but it totally depends on where you live, as we’ve already worked out…

And for us it was 36ppl in January and then 41ppl in June (both inc VAT).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cheap heating oil now.’ is closed to new replies.