Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap Gore-tex?
  • franksinatra

What is the best on line store for cheapish Gore-tex jackets? After a general TNF / Berghaus type jacket for Mrs Sinatra's birthday. Not bike specific, just walking type jacket.

Ta

grumm
    Free Member

This place had a great offer on Berghaus Tasman jackets a bit ago, but they seem to be out of stock now. They do have some other cheap-ish stuff though

http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add/navigation/home/index.do

hora
    Free Member

Just bought a German Army issue flecktarn Goretex jacket £30. Don't care how 'wierd' it looks. Its only a backup in backpack and who cares when you are in the hills except for the colour-coidinated Asoss types

paulosoxo
    Free Member

and who cares when you are in the hills except for the colour-coidinated Asoss types

Quite a lot of people I should imagine. Do you care when you go to the pub?

hora
    Free Member

I do care when I go to the pub but all my riding gear is old tshirts, shorts Ive had for years etc. Its the bike I like fancy- not the kit 8)

CHB

go-outdoors have great offers on from time to time.
    I bought a gorepacklite jacket for £50

Del

+1 go-outdoors.
    montane superfly is a great jacket if you can run to one. about a ton discounted.

Hal
    Free Member

Try http://www.mandmdirect.com there are some great deals, or http://www.sportsdirect.com Bargains galore.

saxabar
    Free Member

Does it have to be online? After a potter around town yesterday all the outdoor stores are heavily discounting jackets and the like. TK Maxx also has loads of GoreTex gear in with some tasty Berghaus jackets around the £60 mark.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Try MONTANE

tragically1969
    Free Member

I dont think you will find current TNF stuff much cheaper than Gaynors in Ambleside, good mail order too:

Gaynors Link

franksinatra

I dont think you will find current TNF stuff much cheaper than Gaynors in Ambleside, good mail order too:

I don't think you will find a worst mail order company than Gaynors.

Shopped in the branch for years but ended up going to trading standards after ordering online. Trading Standards told me I 'wasn't alone' with my problems.

hicksville
    Free Member

second tk maxx, just got SO a patagonia soft shell for 60.00,loads of goretex jackets in there Merrell Paclight for 60.00, Craghopper own brand £39.00

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Only used Gaynors once, had to send a the Helly Hansen top that my wife ordered, and they refunded me in no time at all.

I'd use them again

chakaping
    Free Member

Third TK Maxx, have had some amazing bargains there over the years – Patagonia waterproof for £33, Montane Superfly for £50.

Field and Trek had some good discounts on waterproofs recently.

Bought my wife a Superfly in size 10, was too big so sent it back – then found a size 8 on ebay BNWT for £60.

Probably snaffled up by somebody from TK Maxx and put on the bay!

z1ppy

Again can recommend TK Max, Bought a Craighopper jacket for £30 (admittedly not goretex but a generic material) walked up Snowdon in the worst conditions (it came down half way up) without a drop of water getting through, very impressed. Admittedly though the was loads of mens kit for sale, there was very little womans kit

I also got a waterproof regatta softshell, karamor waterproof boot, some walking trouser, & shorts all for less than I was looking to spend on one Berghaus Goretex jacket.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Gore-tex?’ is closed to new replies.