Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap Full Sus options for my bro???
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Hi all,

My younger (but taller) brother is looking to get into mountain biking and joining me on some of my jaunts into deepest darkest Wales. The thing is he has his heart set on a full sus but unfortunately doesn’t have a massive amount of money.

Basically he’s looking at around £300- £350, off the top of my head I can only think of a Banshee or something like a Marin 10+ year old East Peak.

Plus he’s 6’3″ so need an XL really, not even sure the Banshee’s came any bigger then 18″.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    John

z1ppy

2nd hand with that amount of money, as the market is seemingly flat as pancake, so there are some decent bargains about (especially for XL stuff).
    Otherwise, if he ‘needs’ brand new tell him to stop being stupid and buy a hardtail.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I have a 3 year old XL Cannondale for sale its 120mm travel and is happy in Wales – but its only the frame – needs a new headset but does come with bottom bracket – and i have the forks – might be a bit out of the price range though as i’m looking for around £400 for the frame and £80 for the forks

email if you want pics, i am open to offers

joe_oliver83@hotmail.com

rickt
    Free Member

I have been looking for a mate of mine too…. there’s nothing decent full sus at that end of the market anymore / at the moment.

In my opinion, the 10 year old Marins are over priced…. taking into account they were selling for £200 18 months ago… now they sell for £300…. also the east peaks etc only retailed at 700 – 800 back then

Give it 2 months, thats when the good buys are around pre xmas and winter weather.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Plenty of old Marins and Scotts fit the bill.

jskiffin
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses.

It does seem a bit of a challenge at the moment, I’m forever having a little nosey for the odd bargain, but recently I’ve seen nothing!

It’s being made harder with the addition of the XL shenanigans.

Short of eBay, GumTree, here and Pink bike any other good places to have a nosey?

Cheers for the offer Professorfaceplant (good name) the thought had occured to me to take his time and build one up. Unfortunately he’s anxious to get on it and pretty limited financially.

woody2000
    chakaping
    Free Member

Obviously you’ve already advised him to get a hardtail.

But maybe suggest getting one with parts which could later be transferred to a suitable s/h FS frame?

jskiffin
    Free Member

I’ve told him a HT is the best option given the funds, he’s just got his heart set on a full.

I’ve explained the pro’s and con’s but in all honesty I’m a big fan of full sus myself.

The search continues!!!!

hainman
    Free Member

keep an eye out for a 2nd hand Rockrider 91 or 92 FS i just sold my old one for 250 and it was still a very capable bike,

chakaping
    Free Member

he’s just got his heart set on a full.

I’ve got my heart set on a romantic evening with Mila Kunis.

Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Full Sus options for my bro???’ is closed to new replies.