Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheap FSA SL-K BB30 roadie chainsets… to good to be true??
  • matt007
    Free Member

Hi all,

Ive been looking at a number of the FSA SL-K Light BB30 chainsets on ebay at the moment, some selling for around £100 on auction and some listed at £150 buy it now.

Considering these £350+ in the shops even at a discount, whats the craic?? are they fake? a quick google of ‘fake fsa’ returns a few pages on their problems with couterfeits out of China. I have contacted a seller who said they are just buying excess stock in bulk, hence the low price.

Anyone bought one of these cheap sets? any info would be appreciated, I’d love one of these for a new bike build, but dont want a sub standard and unsafe ‘fake’ chainset.

Cheers
    Matt

clubber
    Free Member

The price isn’t silly enough to be completely impossible for them to be genuine but there’s a good chance that they are Chinese fakes I’d reckon.

Where are they shipping from?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Or, you could buy it at CRC for 170.

FSA stuff, particularly chainsets, always seem to get heavily discounted when its a year or two old.

Stuff I’ve bought:
    Gossamer compact double, £40.
    Gravity Light double with bash, £60.
    Afterburner MTB triple, £60.

tvm, CRC.

brakes
    Free Member

FSA stuff, particularly chainsets, always seem to get heavily discounted when its a year or two old

FSA doesn’t have the best quality rep. this could be a reason for it being discounted.
    I had a set of heavily discounted carbon road cranks that broke (alloy bit that clamps onto Octalink BB snapped), which proves nothing, but put me off them.

smogmonster

Or you could buy mine from the Classifieds on here. £100 posted, at least you know its real…. Ive sold the bike it was on, and the new owner wanted the original compact chainset putting on it.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-fsa-slk-bb30-chainset-5339-double-100-posted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheap FSA SL-K BB30 roadie chainsets… to good to be true??’ is closed to new replies.