Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 268 total)
  • Cheap front light to help me be less depressed?
  • gibby

Only found this from mrsgnusmas thread
    Donated

nealglover
    Free Member

I also missed this thread totally. Only came to it via the MrsG thread.

Brilliant community work, people are amazing sometimes. Hope mrG and mrsG enjoy the support and hope it can make a difference. Donated a bit to help

Good luck!

granny_ring

I’ve only just caught up with this too, do you still need any bike parts?

jamj1974

Can’t believe I missed this first time around. Chipped in a little for you chap – it’s a great thing to be able to support.

joebristol

£1406 now – amazing peeps.

craig24
    Free Member

Only just spotted this thread. I lurk on here a lot, post not a lot, but I’m constantly amazed by the generosity and kindness shown on here.

Put in what I can for you mate. Sounds like things turning round for you, I hope they continue to get better and better for you and your family.

dashed
    Free Member

Also missed this one until I saw the other thread. Chucked a few more quid in the pot.

chrssmale
    Free Member

Donated. One of the most heart warming threads I think I have ever read. Approaching £1.5k, simply amazing.

All the best Mr & Mrs G

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whilst the total is tremendous the constant email alerts are destroying my data allowance whilst on holiday…..if you keep this up I won’t be able to post for a week 😉

nbt

#crowdfundforjunkyardsroamingdatacosts

sparkyspice
    Free Member

SHAMELESS BUMP FOR THREAD!

Only just seen this thread.
    Nearly cried.
    Donated.

Last year after watching Sports Relief, my daughter decided to do a Triathlon (5km SUP, 10km bike, 5km run) to raise money for kids less well off than her. I posted on here and that night her just giving page was £200 better off. She raised £1600 in total. Other kids paddled, biked and ran with her and she got a sense of community spirit and achievement out of it. Thanks to those that donated for our little challenge. I digress…

For all the bickering and willy waving on this site, you’ve got to think that in general (and I guess this goes for 90% of the outside world) people are nice and would help where possible, even total strangers. There is no shame in asking for help.

I too have a fairly large parts bin so if you need any more bits (especially tyres for 26″!) let me know!

Guess what? It’s nice to be nice.

Dickyboy

£1501 🙂

silvermatt
    Free Member

Another infrequent poster who missed this original thread so posting to bump it up. All the best for your and your family.

chipster

Another who missed it originally.
    Good luck, Gnusmas.

gnusmas

Still can’t believe this is happening!
    This is unbelievable, thank you all a million times. Thank you all again, and thankyou for the most recent donations and the support you have shown, mrs gnusmas looks like she has been sitting in a dust cloud.

As far as parts go, as some are still asking, couple of things i need to finish off my Stiffee. Pedals (can’t find my saints or my m530s), cassette and chain.

I was given a zee mech and shifter after a mate upgraded his bike. It is a short cage mech, struggling to find what the max size cassette i could fit on the rear but not that big according to shimano.

So if anyone has a 10 speed cassette and chain lying around that i could try (unless someone knows the answer for definite) i would be grateful. Either this or replace the whole lot for a setup that works is the only other option.

Thankyou all again, you are all fantastic 😀

(if anyone does have any Raceface atlas bars and stem knocking around it will save me hanging on til xmas 😆 )

weeksy

I’ve got loads of pedals but you’ll need to send your address ASAP if you’re happy with a new pair of flats as I’m off on holiday tomorrow

cyclistm
    Free Member

I’m also here from the mrs’ thread. Did you ever get a front light??

Houns

There’s my Grandads old electric wheelchair sat in my Nans garage, doing nowt apart from getting in the way and gathering cobwebs. I don’t know what make or model it is, or even if it still works….. Next time I go over, I’ll take pictures and note the details and post up on here. If it’s of any use to you, you can have it. I’m in the Midlands and the chair is in Shropshire, so not too far, we can cross that bridge if we get to it

Like others I thought this thread was purely about lights so never checked it until I just read the starred thread at top of the page

Having had the crappest last 16 months of my life with depression and other bits, stw and friends I’ve made through biking have helped me out greatly….. I’ll throw a few £ your way, sadly not as much as I’d like to, as you know sickness benefit doesn’t go too far :0(

All the best to you all

funkmasterp

This is great, over £1.5k raised and a family’s life made easier. I have some pedals I can throw your way (they are bright green though) and a Bontrager bar and stem from a 2016 Trek Stache if you want them. Think the stem is 70mm and the bars are 760 or 780mm. Both in good nick.

PM me if you want them.

ratherbeintobago

So if anyone has a 10 speed cassette and chain lying around that i could try (unless someone knows the answer for definite) i would be grateful. Either this or replace the whole lot for a setup that works is the only other option.

I’ll have a hunt round, might have a new 10sp KMC chain in a box somewhere, though I’m not 100% on this.

Edit – no, randomly I have not one but two unopened KMC 8sp chains which I’m not all that likely to use

Do you know which Zee mech you’ve got? A swift Google suggests there’s a narrow ratio and a wide ratio version, the wide ratio is good for 11-36.

stumpy01

Gnusmas – what pedals are you after? Flat or spd?
    I’ve got some of the cheap Shimano SPD pedals (520, perhaps) that have been sat in my tool box for about 3 years unused.

They were for my road bike when I first got it because I wasn’t gonna bother with specific road shoes (but then changed my mind).
    They’ve probably be used for <200 miles.

Let me know if you want them.

tjagain

Ok – I am rather late to this and have not read all the thread – but I did see something about applying for PIP. Mrs TJ fills in these forms for a living and knows how to word things in the best possible way. PM me if you want her help doing this or ignore me as a jonny come lately if you already have good advice. Even if its refused appeals are possible

tartanscarf

This is crazy. Hand wringing at its worst. Have you not realised he’s riding a 26’er!! For the love of god donate more so he can get a bike with proper wheels.

TS

🙂

Ps great thread. Goes to show what a great species we can be. Good luck mr and mrs op.

murf
    Free Member

Just found this thread, best of luck to you and your family.
    Made a small donation, pity you weren’t closer as I’d be happy to help sort your car.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Quick question – do any of your kids need bikes? Thinking older kids.

tjagain

I saw this as a message on the crowdfunding page. I love the sentiment

Hope the money helps you in a small way.Reward those who donated by living well, and maybe one day you and yours may be able to offer aid to others.Live well.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Gnusmas, if you need flat pedals I have some Nukeproof Electrons you can have dude. 😀

mrjmt
    Free Member

Pretty sure I have a 10 speed XT cassette and chain in the garage that’s had little use.

Email in profile if you want it.

gnusmas

Thankyou all again (sorry for keep repeating myself) for your continued support, offers and donations, it genuinely means a lot. If i do miss anyone out, i am really sorry – not intentional – just a lot to keep track of.

Houns – that is very kind of you, keep me informed as you said that would be brilliant.

Tjagain – forms sent off a while ago just waiting for the consultation now, they haven’t turned up 3 times. Thanks for your advice, will talk with mrs g and pm you if we need to. Agree with your second post, it is a wonderful sentiment.

Ratherbeintobago – it is a narrow ratio mech hence my issue. Part of me thinks it might be easier to start fresh.

Murf – thanks for the offer but the car is definitely not worth repairing.

Tartanscarf – please feel free to start the proper wheel size donations 😀

Newrobdob – our 13 year old has said he would like a lighter bike than his 3 x7 halfords bso boat anchor he currently has and our 9 year old (in 4 weeks) wants a “light bike with gears so i can pedal it”

Funkmasterp, stumpy, mrjmt and monkeysfeet – will emailyou/pm you on here.

If by any chance someone has any conti vertical pro tyres that need a new home, that would be great. Mine are a bit worn and i really do like them. Or something similar, thanks.

vongassit
    Free Member

tjagain

gnusmas

Serious offer about help with PIP and other bureaucrats nonsense. PM me for an email if you want to take us up on it.

somafunk

Is this any good for your kids?, It’s a “We The People Arcade 18″ Bmx”, in excellent condition but the rear brake pads squeal like a banshee, it must be hard for them with what all is going on so it may take their minds off things for a while.

I bought it from this forum a few years ago for my mates kid but he has now outgrown it so i recently bought him a full-size Bmx from a mate who owns a bike shop so naturally i got a discount on rrp, the discount i got exceeded the fair amount i was going to sell this for but the thought of selling it seems churlish after finally reading through the thread – I’d much rather your kids made use of it and it brought a smile to their faces than i get a few ££ which i’d only waste on coke n’ hookers 😉

PM/email me your details and i’ll get it sent off soon as possible.

spawnofyorkshire

I have a 10spd slx/deore 11-36 cassette kicking around somewhere.
    It has about 400km on it but looks in good condition with almost no signs of wear at all. Happy to post it through if you email my username @ gmail.com

The short cage zee mech is only rated to 28t cassette though. If someone has a spare suitable RD kicking about that could take a 36…

I also have an oval 32t narrow wide chainring to fit 104bcd cranks if you want that too?

gnusmas

Emails and pm sent, thank you to all of you.

When i think things are slowly getting better the most unbelievable things happen and life starts to look a whole lot better, albeit a bit of a struggle and a slow process.

As i have said before i do feel for the kids mostly, they are losing out on a lot due to one thing and another. They are great and very understanding of the situation so it would be nice to be able to give something back to them.

Thankyou to everyone.

oink1
    Free Member

I know you’ve been offered pedals out the wazoo but another pair of new 520’s here if you need them (No cleats though) 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Approaching 2k now. That’s a weekend at centreparcs!
    😀

In the middle of a house move at the moment but once I’m settled I’ll check through my spares box. Got a few bars, stems, saddles, grips etc knocking around.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Same here, will rummage through the spares him next week when I am off.
    Bravo to everyone on here,###virtualhighfive###

newrobdob
    Free Member

Newrobdob – our 13 year old has said he would like a lighter bike than his 3 x7 halfords bso boat anchor he currently has and our 9 year old (in 4 weeks) wants a “light bike with gears so i can pedal it”

I think the bike I’ve got would be a bit big for a 13yo and anyway it’s a girls bike with pink bits on it which might not go down too well. 😉

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’d take up Somafunks offer of that BMX, that looks very nice indeed.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Cheap front light to help me be less depressed?’ is closed to new replies.