Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap Flights Websites?
  • walleater

I’m looking to fly from Vancouver to England in September. There’s a maze of websites and transfer options (I’ll be giving Air Transat / Thomas Cock money over my dead body….). Is just searching and booking through Google as good an option as any these days? Seems to find some decent prices and interesting options (flying to Zurich etc).

Cheers!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Google flights does look good, then book with the agent/operator – this also makes sure that all connecting flights actually connect. Also check out seat guru for seats etc. as not all classes are equal.

seosamh77
    Free Member

i think google will be ok, doas mike says though, could try http://www.skyscanner.net aswell. again book through proper sites.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also click here for a list of direct destinations, unless price is a serious constraint direct is always more pleasant
    http://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/documents/air-services/destinations-brochure_2017_03.pdf?la=en
    Gives you Glasgow, Gatwick, LHR and Manchester
    After that Amsterdam or Frankfurt would be my next choice of stops based on being able to get a later flight if you are delayed rather than being stuck overnight or with a really long wait for your last connection.

irc

+1 for Skyscanner.

sadexpunk

google flights looks easy to use, hadnt heard of that one, thanks. just been playing around and by moving day to day found a midweek return to barcelona for £74. probably wont be able to go then, but looks an easy way to browse, thanks for the heads up on that.

grum
    Free Member

Kayak is worth a look too.

Felofagen
    Free Member

I found Monomondo returns far more options and much lower prices than Skyscanner. The filter are much better as well (e.g. you can specify which airports you want to change or not change at)

walleater

Thanks peeps.

I tried the various options out and funnily enough ended up on BA’s website, and some quick searching around on there showed that on some dates, upgrading to Premium Economy (Large Cattle Class?) wasn’t too much more expensive than a normal flights. So both ways with transfers to Manchester with the upgrades was ‘only’ around $1800. Significantly more than Transass but will hopefully be a less horrific experience 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Felofagen – Member
    I found Monomondo returns far more options and much lower prices than Skyscanner.

My folks suggested that, it was kicking out combinations that were not connected (no bag transfer between flights and probably not on the same ticket) Be aware of that unless you want to spend 2x the saving if one is late.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Flights Websites?’ is closed to new replies.