• This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ReallyOlderGit-spam.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap ferries for western France – Cherbourg, St Malo etc.
  • geoffj

Does anyone know of any decent deals for the summer. I’m trying ferry savers etc., but any info would be appreciated.

PePPeR

We normally use LD lines, from Newhaven Dieppe, its a little further up the country but its way cheaper than any of the others.

Plus I’ve noticed that as the ferries going out of there are French, then it doesn’t normally get blockaded. Funny that isn’t it?

Bez

Only two choices on the western ports: Brittany and LD.

LD are cheapest and they only run Portsmouth-le Havre, anything further west is BF. If you take a car full then Brittany can be good value but they’re not especially good if you’re travelling by bike (and try booking a tandem, oh that was fun). Good onboard restaurant though (the upmarket one anyway).

ashleygerrald
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good ferry website to check out the current deals available on these two ferries(LD Lines and Brittany)?

tk46hal
    Free Member

We struggle every year to get a cheap deal to the west of France, but unfortunately they do not exist during the kids holidays so we now sail from Dover to France using Norfolk Line and save hundreds of pounds. It does mean that we have to drive a few more miles, but I don’t mind as we normally save £500 doing it this way!
    I hope this helps you!

UncleFred
    Free Member

look at Condor ferries into St Malo from Poole and Weymouth. Fast ferries via Guernsey or Jersey.

anokdale
    Free Member

I sail to Normandy a lot, (Portsmouth – Caen) LD Lines is the cheapest but as mentioned only go to Le Harve, Brittany Ferries are more expensive but by far the most reliable and you can get down to St Malo on the overnight trip so it saves a lot of driving if you are planning on driving that far South, try to sail mid-week as prices are a bit cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap ferries for western France – Cherbourg, St Malo etc.’ is closed to new replies.